** Lost Gold At The Dead Man's Mine ** A Miners Journal **

37 minutes ago, maxxkatt said:

0k gold was 34.87 per oz in 1936, so lets say $35.00 per oz for easier calculations. 1,000 oz = $35,000 in 1936.

$35,000 in 1936 is worth $714,392.81 today. Not bad, not bad at all. One would think that if Jed survived all this he would have lived very comfortable in terms of having sufficient funds in the bank.

Yes. The key here is did he get to enjoy the fruits of his labor. Perhaps he did but then given the extreme danger he & crew have faced he may not have. Of course only I know the answer to that. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

It seems like the only people who held on the the wealth in the gold prospecting towns were the merchants and saloon girls.

• Haha 1

The question for readers of the journal at this point is how it ends and what does the name I gave it mean? Is someone going to die? Or might more than one die? What about all the gold? Jed kept a very good journal but left a lot of the story out. I know from the report that he worked with a prominant geologist. I also know from the report that there was a lumber company involved. He also made some enemies that are not mentioned in the journal. And at the end of it all we are left with two big questions  ....................

TO BE CONTINUED ...................

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Oh my! 1

They needed a pump and pipeline just for their whiskey supply !

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, Hunterjunk said:

They needed a pump and pipeline just for their whiskey supply !

They didn't drink while working.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, GhostMiner said:

They didn't drink while working.

But some of them over did the drinking at night LOL.

• Like 1

Unfortunately for the crew the time is nearing when Sarge & Ben have to go back home to their farms. This is going to leave the miners vulnerable to hooligans again. Hopefully they will be able to finish the mining season safely and with their gold.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GhostMiner said:

Unfortunately for the crew the time is nearing when Sarge & Ben have to go back home to their farms. This is going to leave the miners vulnerable to hooligans again. Hopefully they will be able to finish the mining season safely and with their gold.

I think they (I hope they) leave out of there with Sarge & Ben.-----At least then they would be able to get out of there safely with their gold.