** Lost Gold At The Dead Man's Mine ** A Miners Journal **

30 minutes ago, maxxkatt said:

Jed was good at finding good people and keeping them. Of course Jack showed up, but I am sure that good way that Jed treated everyone had a lot to do with Jack being so willing to help. Even today, finding and keeping good people happy to work with  you is the key to success.  Not a trait that a lot of people have.

I've never worked for anyone but myself but if I had to it would be Jed.

13 minutes ago, GhostMiner said:

I've never worked for anyone but myself but if I had to it would be Jed.

Remember what I posted previously - Sept is going to be a bad month for one of them. 

Partnerships can be a tricky thing. A good one is brilliant and can produce results that working alone simply cannot achieve. 

I have had a couple that were less than desirable, and others that were a hoot, providing laughs and loot. 

I got better at picking winners as I got older. 

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Bedrocker said:

Do you know by chance where whiskey Jack is buried?

No. Don't even have a last name.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GhostMiner said:

Remember what I posted previously - Sept is going to be a bad month for one of them. 

Now you do have me curious!--This report is Sept. 4th.----Whatever it is it's going to happen soon.

• Like 1

If I had to guess where they hid their gold, would be in the region of where they pooped. Easy to slip off each day and dump a load.

Hello everyone. I will be posting quite a few journal entries throughout the day & evening. There is a significant event coming and a clue was given in one of Jed's entries. The event was not known to him at the time of his entry but it will prove to be prophetic. 

• Like 4
  • Oh my! 1

SEPTEMBER 6   1936

Things have been real quiet here since Sarge and Ben left. It doesn’t seem like anyone is coming back up here but we are always on alert. We are starting to put a bit of a dent into the gravels in the pit. There’s not much digging until we hit country and we are moving the tom quite often so we can shovel directly onto the grizzly. We make good time with two men working in there. We haven’t had any problems with our pumps and the water supply is good. It’s steady work that pays us well and we are glad to have it. I can’t imagine myself ever working for someone again and already have more gold than I could ever have imagined.There is probably enough gold to be had on my claims to keep a small crew busy for many years. So we are pushing on here and every ounce of gold makes us more secure.

The digging continues to be the same. John and me are missing the presence of Whiskey Jack to break the monotony of the daily routine. We get our work done without fail. Today saw another 2 ounces of gold. 

TO BE CONTINUED ..................

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Oh my! 1