** Lost Gold At The Dead Man's Mine ** A Miners Journal **

42 minutes ago, Tahoegold said:

Thank you GM for taking the time to post this!

I caught a head cold last week (negative on the covid test). I started looking at stuff to read and THIS thread is all I've been reading!!

I like to read, however, I haven't read a book in years. Nothin really got me interested. Now I'm as hooked as I was as a kid when TV shows had weekly stories!

I'm finally caught up today and wanted to congratulate you on your endeavors. I really like Jed's writing style and have enjoyed all the comments too. I'm subscribed! TG

P.S. Can you at least let us know to look into the classifieds on this thread when you have the book ready? I don't want to miss out on one of the first editions! I'm subscribed and will be notified! Thanks!

Thanks for reading the journal. I have had this sitting in an old chest for almost 9 yrs. For some reason, I decided to start posting it this winter. This forum was recommended to me and I gave it a try. Over 90,000 views since I first posted in late January. Never did I expect the interest it got. I am still amazed. If there is a book Steve told me when I post it in the classifieds it will appear in the sidebar. There is more to come.

• Like 6

Well GM, it must certainly be a surprise for you. I am grateful for your efforts to post this.

You are not only allowing us to read a really interisting story, you are allowing us to read history. 

I'm from California and I have heard short stories of people finding rich deposits. THIS story makes me feel like I finally get to hear a real, first hand account from the very beginning. It's a treasure, surely time will show this to be true. 

At least, now you know, there's great interest. Please, keep it up!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tahoegold said:

Well GM, it must certainly be a surprise for you. I am grateful for your efforts to post this.

You are not only allowing us to read a really interisting story, you are allowing us to read history. 

I'm from California and I have heard short stories of people finding rich deposits. THIS story makes me feel like I finally get to hear a real, first hand account from the very beginning. It's a treasure, surely time will show this to be true. 

At least, now you know, there's great interest. Please, keep it up!

Many thanks.

2 minutes ago, Muppet said:

Is whiskey jacks grave marked in town or is it long forgotten and disappeared? 

We have not been able to find it although we know a general area. Somewhere near Paxton we think.

GM:  thanks for sharing the picture of the bucket.  Based on antiques from my grandfathers farm it appears to be a recycled 5 gallon oil can, either motor oil or food grade oil.  However, it could be something else. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cascade Steven said:

GM:  thanks for sharing the picture of the bucket.  Based on antiques from my grandfathers farm it appears to be a recycled 5 gallon oil can, either motor oil or food grade oil.  However, it could be something else. 

It's fairly heavy material. There are no markings on it.