** Lost Gold At The Dead Man's Mine ** A Miners Journal **

SEPTEMBER 20   1936

Things were quiet last night. So far, we have been lucky not to have been shot or robbed out here. There seems to be no end to the rif raf that intends to steal from us. We are all tired of it and I fear there may come a time when someone is killed, either us or them. 

At breakfast I slugged down half a cup of whiskey with my coffee and bacon and beans. The morning air is getting cold now but the days warm up nicely and are good for working. John and me are alternating mornings and afternoons at the pit now and it helps break the monotony of the work. We are doing sluice cleanouts by late afternoon and the digging hours are less than 8 a day now. It will only go lower and some days are less if we have problems. We will also face freezing night temperatures soon as well and the mining days may be numbered. We had a good day and worked without trouble. There were 2 ounces in the pan.

TO BE CONTINUED ...................

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh my! 1

When I buy your book, I will read it over a nice cup of copy (don't drink whiskey).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

I wouldn't be surprised if you are contacted by a vid production co. either.

Hold out for Spielberg.

There is already a big time movie producer (Retired I think) reading this.

• Oh my! 1

Just a thought, but what’s to stop someone from stealing it right off of here. Do you have copy rights and what not to protect it ?

• Oh my! 1

50 minutes ago, Carolina said:

Just a thought, but what’s to stop someone from stealing it right off of here. Do you have copy rights and what not to protect it ?

As someone who works in the entertainment industry, copyright law fights can be as brutal as mining disputes. Before this made into anything that makes money best to contact a copyright attorney to make sure everything is above board.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, tboykin said:

As someone who works in the entertainment industry, copyright law fights can be as brutal as mining disputes. Before this made into anything that makes money best to contact a copyright attorney to make sure everything is above board.

I am retired from feature film production and also in the midst of having a manuscript published - I heartily second what tboykin said above. The amount of idea-theft everywhere, but especially in the entertainment industry, is incredible and this story has lots of possibilities in it. Get it copyrighted, and have a lawyer do it. It will be worth it to have not just legality but peace of mind.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Oh my! 1