** Lost Gold At The Dead Man's Mine ** A Miners Journal **

2 hours ago, flakmagnet said:

I am retired from feature film production and also in the midst of having a manuscript published - I heartily second what tboykin said above. The amount of idea-theft everywhere, but especially in the entertainment industry, is incredible and this story has lots of possibilities in it. Get it copyrighted, and have a lawyer do it. It will be worth it to have not just legality but peace of mind.

After a quick copyright refresher I think this journal would technically be public domain. It’s been in a fixed medium for long enough that Jed’s copyright would be expired (death +70 years is the safe measurement). You can’t re-copyright an existing work, that’s like claim jumping. 

Copying it to a forum or book is not changing it enough to be considered a new work.

It’s been a great read and I’m sure some physical copies would be appreciated by a few people. But the rights exist with the author just like the gold belongs to the claim owner. As a publisher sure! But anyone else could do the same unless you bought the rights.

Still worth talking to a lawyer if you are planning to try and make a few bucks off the story. I’m not a lawyer and don’t play one on TV. I just deal with this stuff a lot in my job.

• Like 2
  • Oh my! 1

GhostMiner: Thanks so much for putting out the effort in posting Jed's amazing journal and replying to everyone's comments. You have entertained and inspired lots of people. Put me down for a book if you end up printing one. Best of luck out there.

• Like 6

,,,Ghost Miner ... Thank you .....for this Jed story, who gives hope to many hungry people that in their lives one or more times they will really find their dream gold ..

...is nice to survive the gold rush.👍:wink:

• Like 1

When I buy your book, I will read it over a nice cup of copy (don't drink whiskey).

It's been a good story so far. Looking forward to some more entertainment.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, GhostMiner said:

I am hoping to have this back on with new posts in a wk or two. I miss putting it on already. See everyone soon & take care.

DSC00053.JPG

Thank you for reassuring us Ghost Miner.

You finding any color in that hole?