** Lost Gold At The Dead Man's Mine ** A Miners Journal **

Ghost Miner, I have been reading your wonderful story for a while now. I thank you for posting one of the best stories I have read on the internet. I am glad to see you will continue to post and cannot wait for the next segment. 

You would always be more than welcome on my mining claim here in Oregon. Good company, mining stories whiskey and or coffee! Take Care and don't let the assholes win...

• Like 5

12 hours ago, xpmoguy said:

Ghost Miner, I have been reading your wonderful story for a while now. I thank you for posting one of the best stories I have read on the internet. I am glad to see you will continue to post and cannot wait for the next segment. 

You would always be more than welcome on my mining claim here in Oregon. Good company, mining stories whiskey and or coffee! Take Care and don't let the assholes win...

No worries & thank you. You would be welcome at Jed's dig site as well. 

• Thanks 1

I'm an Aussie that saw about this story posted on the main Australian forum I frequent, my Avatar name is the same there. I have been reading it with a keen interest, and enjoying the departure from my normal life, to another's life and circumstances past.

I really value a good story, and this has been a great adventure!

• Like 9

3 hours ago, greenhornet_au said:

I'm an Aussie that saw about this story posted on the main Australian forum I frequent, my Avatar name is the same there. I have been reading it with a keen interest, and enjoying the departure from my normal life, to another's life and circumstances past.

I really value a good story, and this has been a great adventure!

Thanks for your support.

GM keep up the good work. You have a huge amount of supporters. I have never seen a thread garner this many views on a forum. I do a lot of Civil War research and many of the maps and letters I use are just impossible to correctly read due to the age of the maps and letters and some lousy reproductions. My only recourse is to try my best to look at the surrounding context and fill in the blanks on what I cannot read. Even the bad penmanship can make it really difficult to cipher.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, maxxkatt said:

GM keep up the good work. You have a huge amount of supporters. I have never seen a thread garner this many views on a forum. I do a lot of Civil War research and many of the maps and letters I use are just impossible to correctly read due to the age of the maps and letters and some lousy reproductions. My only recourse is to try my best to look at the surrounding context and fill in the blanks on what I cannot read. Even the bad penmanship can make it really difficult to cipher.

Yes & thank you. I have an entire trunk filled with old records and info on this mining area. 

• Like 1

GM: I too, like others, want to say "keep up the good work".  I am currently doing research on a mining district in the Western Cascades of Oregon and like maxxkatt I too have found letters and maps that are almost impossible to read correctly due to age of the paper, faded hand written pencil notes, and yes the very poor reproductions.  And, like you, I too am forced to do the best I can under the circumstances to interpret the information and check other sources, if they exist.  So I can in some small way appreciate your challenges and my hat's off to you for all of your diligent effort in sharing this fascinating story.  Please also add my name to your list for a copy of your book.  I look forward to your continued posts.  Best Wishes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Cascade Steven said:

GM: I too, like others, want to say "keep up the good work".  I am currently doing research on a mining district in the Western Cascades of Oregon and like maxxkatt I too have found letters and maps that are almost impossible to read correctly due to age of the paper, faded hand written pencil notes, and yes the very poor reproductions.  And, like you, I too am forced to do the best I can under the circumstances to interpret the information and check other sources, if they exist.  So I can in some small way appreciate your challenges and my hat's off to you for all of your diligent effort in sharing this fascinating story.  Please also add my name to your list for a copy of your book.  I look forward to your continued posts.  Best Wishes.

That sounds like an interesting area. The search is sometimes more fun than the find. Best of luck.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, GhostMiner said:

That sounds like an interesting area. The search is sometimes more fun than the find. Best of luck.

GM:  Thanks for your kind words.  Yes it is an interesting area and you are quite correct that sometimes the search is more fun than the find.  If you are ever in the area please let me know as you are always welcome in my camp. 🙂