** Lost Gold At The Dead Man's Mine ** A Miners Journal **

GM: I should have qualified my "yes" answer to your question about good gold strikes.  The Quartzville district is listed as being the second largest mining district, by production, in the Western Cascades of Oregon.  However, when compared to southwestern Oregon, Northeastern Oregon or the California Sierra Nevada districts, its production is relatively insignificant.  It certainly does not have the coarse gold that Jed found.🙂 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Cascade Steven said:

GM: I should have qualified my "yes" answer to your question about good gold strikes.  The Quartzville district is listed as being the second largest mining district, by production, in the Western Cascades of Oregon.  However, when compared to southwestern Oregon, Northeastern Oregon or the California Sierra Nevada districts, its production is relatively insignificant.  It certainly does not have the coarse gold that Jed found.🙂 

Thanks for all the info. Sounds like a good area. What is the elevation?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Swegin said:

I am really missing Jed. 😒  I understand why you're not right now.

Hopefully Friday & Saturday Jed will be back & there is some trouble brewing. Thanks for reading the journal. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Oh my! 1

4 hours ago, GhostMiner said:

Thanks for all the info. Sounds like a good area. What is the elevation?

GM:  It is a good area with youthful (steep) heavily forested topography and elevations ranging from 1600 ft. to about 3280 ft.  It is graced by cold clear creeks and an occasional waterfall.  Some of the area still hosts old growth timber.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Swegin said:

Thank you for posting it.  

No problem I've been busy with all of the things that go along with the journal LOL. Turning into a full time job all of a sudden.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh my! 1

On 4/17/2022 at 1:30 AM, dagaroAU said:

GhostMiner: Thanks so much for putting out the effort in posting Jed's amazing journal and replying to everyone's comments. You have entertained and inspired lots of people. Put me down for a book if you end up printing one. Best of luck out there.

Thanks for reading the journal and your support.