** Lost Gold At The Dead Man's Mine ** A Miners Journal **

Anything wildly popular is going to have lots of drama. That's just the way things are. There's waayyy more folks reading this and enjoying it than not. And those of us that like it, are going to quietly read and hope for more. So, carry on GM. Those guys are just trying to get attention. Just ignore the. 

Really, who actually believes the FBI is going to care about a story. Nevertheless, you now have things buttoned up so, I'll be a waitin' for the next pages!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Thanks for the clarification Ghost. I have to say that there were entire magazines devoted to tales of this sort not long ago. Anyone remember Lost Treasure magazine?

Hire me as a writer LOL. I work cheap.

• Like 1

SEPTEMBER 22   1936     Part Two

We walked in and took a quick look around. There were two guys at a corner table and about 8 guys at the bar. Dutch said the two guys at the table were part of the gang. He said to wait a minute and he’d be right back. He walked behind the bar and was talking quietly to the bartender. Then he came back over to where we were standing. Dutch was a big bruiser and full of jokes but I wouldn’t want to get on the bad side of him. Dutch said he knew the bartender and asked him if they had any other friends in there. The bartender told him the guy on the far end was involved with them also. I told Dutch and Jacob to watch the guys at the bar but stay out of it unless we needed them as this was me and John’s fight and we wanted these guys real bad. 

Me and John walked up to the table and looked down at the two hooligans who were sitting there drinking. I told them we had caught their two friends and had them tied up in the back of my truck. I told them we were sick and tired of dealing with the trash in town trying to steal from us miners. The bigger one just sneered at me and said they didn’t like gold miners. He said there wasn’t one good thing he could say about miners. He said they were real outlaws and they did as they pleased. John told them to get up because we were going to kick the shit out of them. The big one stood up and pulled a knife and the other one was right with him. I grabbed a chair and stuck it in the big one’s   face and pushed him over backwards. John swung his billy club and hit the second guy’s arm and his knife went flying. I had grabbed the big one’s arm with my right hand as I came down on him with my left elbow to his face. I heard his front teeth break and he started choking on his own blood. I slammed his hand with the knife on the floor and he let loose of it.

In the meantime I guess their buddy at the bar had started for the table and Jacob stepped in front of him telling him to stay back. The guy shoved Jacob back but Dutch just shook his head and told him to go back to the bar which he did. John had clocked his guy with a couple of good punches  and he went backwards over a chair. Then he grabbed him by the shirt and drilled him in the face with a good right hand and his nose got flattened. I saw John get on top of him and he was beating his head against the barroom floor. The guy I had was cursing up a storm and shoved me back and tried to get his knife. I kicked him in the side and broke a beer bottle over his head. Then I kicked the knife across the floor. He tried getting up but I wasn’t having it and kicked him in the head. He went down on his face and I gave him a hell of a kick to his right ear. Now he was screaming in pain. John’s guy was finished and I was hollering for his buddy to get up and fight. He wouldn’t try so I gave him one last kick to the side of the head.

The entire bar was watching all this going on. We had two down and one more at the bar. John told me he wanted him and he walked over to the guy and told him he was a worthless piece of trash and he was going to beat the shit out of him. The guy was trying to talk to John now and everyone just backed away.

TO BE CONTINUED ................

• Like 7
  • Oh my! 1

17 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

The way you are handling this in good humor, and continuing on, reflects well on you. Only guilty people go into hiding, and your only crime seems to be having provided some much welcomed entertainment. Yeah, some nuts think the FBI and more care about, and have time for, stuff like this. I got an email saying the same, legalistic threats, implying I was culpable for simply hosting the site, and that my reputation was at stake. I'm too old anymore to care about what other people think of me, so good luck with that line of thinking. And if anyone gets trouble from the FBI, it will probably be those wasting the FBIs time with their inflated sense of truth police importance.

Thank you Steve. See you on the most wanted list along with my mug LOL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, GhostMiner said:

SEPTEMBER 22   1936     Part Two

We walked in and took a quick look around. There were two guys at a corer table and about 8 guys at the bar. Dutch said the two guys at the table were part of the gang. He said to wait a minute and he’d be right back. He walked behind the bar and was talking quietly to the bartender. Then he came back over to where we were standing. Dutch was a big bruiser and full of jokes but I wouldn’t want to get on the bad side of him. Dutch said he knew the bartender and asked him if they had any other friends in there. The bartender told him the guy on the far end was involved with them also. I told Dutch and Jacob to watch the guys at the bar but stay out of it unless we needed them as this was me and John’s fight and we wanted these guys real bad. 

Me and John walked up to the table and looked down at the two hooligans who were sitting there drinking. I told them we had caught their two friends and had them tied up in the back of my truck. I told them we were sick and tired of dealing with the trash in town trying to steal from us miners. The bigger one just sneered at me and said they didn’t like gold miners. He said there wasn’t one good thing he could say about miners. He said they were real outlaws and they did as they pleased. John told them to get up because we were going to kick the shit out of them. The big one stood up and pulled a knife and the other one was right with him. I grabbed a chair and stuck it in the big one’s   face and pushed him over backwards. John swung his billy club and hit the second guy’s arm and his knife went flying. I had grabbed the big one’s arm with my right hand as I came down on him with my left elbow to his face. I heard his front teeth break and he started choking on his own blood. I slammed his hand with the knife on the floor and he let loose of it.

In the meantime I guess their buddy at the bar had started for the table and Jacob stepped in front of him telling him to stay back. The guy shoved Jacob back but Dutch just shook his head and told him to go back to the bar which he did. John had clocked his guy with a couple of good punches  and he went backwards over a chair. Then he grabbed him by the shirt and drilled him in the face with a good right hand and his nose got flattened. I saw John get on top of him and he was beating his head against the barroom floor. The guy I had was cursing up a storm and shoved me back and tried to get his knife. I kicked him in the side and broke a beer bottle over his head. Then I kicked the knife across the floor. He tried getting up but I wasn’t having it and kicked him in the head. He went down on his face and I gave him a hell of a kick to his right ear. Now he was screaming in pain. John’s guy was finished and I was hollering for his buddy to get up and fight. He wouldn’t try so I gave him one last kick to the side of the head.

The entire bar was watching all this going on. We had two down and one more at the bar. John told me he wanted him and he walked over to the guy and told him he was a worthless piece of trash and he was going to beat the shit out of him. The guy was trying to talk to John now and everyone just backed away.

TO BE CONTINUED ................

Oh man Ghost Miner you really have the 'cliff hanger' thing down pat!