** Lost Gold At The Dead Man's Mine ** A Miners Journal **

April 11   1937   Part One

Last night we were visited once again. Sarge brought a guy into camp that said he wanted to talk with me. He told me he hangs out in the tavern in town. He claimed to overhear a couple of guys talking about us. One of them was talking about a large amount of gold he had gotten and laughing about someone working hard to mine it and he took it without having to do any work and now he was wealthy. The guy was getting drunk with another hooligan and he was there now.

I thanked him and asked if he'd go there with me to identify the men. He said he would. He told me they were bad news and carried guns and knives. One of them was called Slugger and the other Jim. Slugger was the bigger of the two and he was the one doing most of the talking. I took John and Sarge as well as the informer into town and we parked the truck in front of the tavern. When we walked in, the informer pointed out the two guys. I thanked him again and told him he’d better clear out for his own safety as this might get real ugly. 

TO BE CONTINUED  ...................

• Like 5
  • Oh my! 2

6 hours ago, GhostMiner said:

April 11   1937   Part One

Last night we were visited once again. Sarge brought a guy into camp that said he wanted to talk with me. He told me he hangs out in the tavern in town. He claimed to overhear a couple of guys talking about us. One of them was talking about a large amount of gold he had gotten and laughing about someone working hard to mine it and he took it without having to do any work and now he was wealthy. The guy was getting drunk with another hooligan and he was there now.

I thanked him and asked if he'd go there with me to identify the men. He said he would. He told me they were bad news and carried guns and knives. One of them was called Slugger and the other Jim. Slugger was the bigger of the two and he was the one doing most of the talking. I took John and Sarge as well as the informer into town and we parked the truck in front of the tavern. When we walked in, the informer pointed out the two guys. I thanked him again and told him he’d better clear out for his own safety as this might get real ugly. 

TO BE CONTINUED  ...................

I hope they catch the SOB that killed Jed and took his gold! Hangin's too good fer him!

• Like 2

April 11   1937   Part Two

I told Sarge to go outside and keep the informer at our truck. We might want him later. I told him John and I would go back outside as well and wait for the two hooligans to exit the tavern. I didn’t want anyone seeing us in contact with them because if they were the ones responsible for my brother’s murder I would kill them both. John wanted them as bad as I did. We all had weapons in case of a shoot out but killing them that way was far too easy for them. I also wanted to get back Jed’s gold. Sarge moved the truck away from the tavern parking lot and kept the informer inside the cab with him. John and I waited in a secluded area across the street from the tavern. It was getting late and I hoped it wouldn’t be too long before the suspects came out. Around midnight we saw them going out the door and starting to walk down the street. The big one was laughing and joking about how easy it was to steal gold and rob people. The other one was laughing as well. My fists were clenched in rage and I told John “Let’s get them.” I was going to make them talk. 

TO BE CONTINUED  .........................

• Like 5
  • Oh my! 1

April 11   Part Three

We walked up behind them and they were drunk and didn’t even notice us. John carried a weighted billy club and pulled it out and I had brass knuckles on. We also had sidearms. John eased up behind the one they called Slugger and pretended to know him. He said he had a bottle of good whiskey over at the truck and pointed over there. Slugger acted like he recognized him or knew him and said let’s go drink it. His buddy Jim went along easy until we got near the truck and spotted me wearing brass knuckles. Before he could say anything I let him have a right hand square in the face and took out his front teeth. John clocked Slugger in the knee with the billy and he went down and started hollering and cursing. John cracked him across the face with his fist twice and we threw them in the back of the truck and jumped back there with them. I told Sarge to get the hell out of here before someone sees us and he drove back toward the mine. The two thugs were moaning and cursing and we let them have more of the same and told them to shut their mouths if they wanted to live. We pulled off the main road and drove up to our camp. Ben,Will, and Hudson were waiting for us. We threw the two goons off the truck and onto the ground and the entire crew and security team was staring down at them.

TO BE CONTINUED .......................

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh my! 2

It might be time for justice. Slugger, Jim, this is the last place on earth you want to be now.

• Haha 1
  • Oh my! 2

3 hours ago, GhostMiner said:

April 11   Part Three

We walked up behind them and they were drunk and didn’t even notice us. John carried a weighted billy club and pulled it out and I had brass knuckles on. We also had sidearms. John eased up behind the one they called Slugger and pretended to know him. He said he had a bottle of good whiskey over at the truck and pointed over there. Slugger acted like he recognized him or knew him and said let’s go drink it. His buddy Jim went along easy until we got near the truck and spotted me wearing brass knuckles. Before he could say anything I let him have a right hand square in the face and took out his front teeth. John clocked Slugger in the knee with the billy and he went down and started hollering and cursing. John cracked him across the face with his fist twice and we threw them in the back of the truck and jumped back there with them. I told Sarge to get the hell out of here before someone sees us and he drove back toward the mine. The two thugs were moaning and cursing and we let them have more of the same and told them to shut their mouths if they wanted to live. We pulled off the main road and drove up to our camp. Ben,Will, and Hudson were waiting for us. We threw the two goons off the truck and onto the ground and the entire crew and security team was staring down at them.

TO BE CONTINUED .......................

Well the season is off to a good start isn't it?

• Like 2

April 11   1937   Part Four

The two hooligans were laying on the ground. John and I had given them quite a beating on the way back to the mine. Jim was covered in blood and I had plenty of it on me as well. There wasn’t a tooth left in his face. I think John had broken Slugger’s knee with his club and John had pummeled him as well. Both were still conscious. I got two chairs and the crew put them on them. 

I asked them which one killed my brother and where was the gold. They both played dumb. I told them that I was only interested in which one killed my brother and would let the other one go free. Of course I had no intention of doing that. They refused to talk. Sarge tied their hands behind their backs. I told John to take over. John rammed the billy club into their guts and they gasped out trying to get air back into their lungs. Then he cracked them across the face with his gloved fist. I told them I would use the brass knuckles on them next. I told them I would beat them until they prayed to be hung. Sarge wanted to shoot them in the knee caps with his sidearm. I told him to go ahead. He pulled out his pistol and cocked it. The one named Jim cracked. He cried out for mercy and told us Slugger had shot Jed and took his gold. He said he wasn’t involved. He said he was there but had no idea Slugger would kill him. Slugger began to curse Jim and told him he would kill him when he got loose. I told him he would be in no shape to kill anyone once he was loose. I asked Jim where the gold was. I told him he had better tell me or Sarge would take out his knees with his pistol.

TO BE CONTINUED ...................

• Like 7
  • Oh my! 1

April 11   1937   Part Five

Jim began begging for his life and crying. He was hard to understand as his teeth were gone and he was bleeding badly from his face and mouth. I had beaten him badly. He said that Slugger still had most of the gold. Jim said he only got a small amount and had spent his cut. We turned our attention to Slugger. He was still trying to play the tough guy. I asked him if he had heard of us and of what we did with criminals and thugs. He said he had heard things about us in town. I told him he had better tell us where the gold was or he would die a slow and painful death. He still wouldn’t talk. I told Sarge to shoot out his good knee. I don’t think he believed I meant business. Sarge pulled out his pistol. Slugger started to holler out not to do it. I told him to start talking and fast. He said he had the gold hidden near a cabin about ten miles from town. He lived there and said he had put it in a hole under an old stump back in the woods but we’d never find it alone. I told him it looked like we were going for a ride. I told Sarge and the crew to stay at camp with Jim. John and I put Slugger in the truck and we headed for his cabin. I told him if he was lying he was a dead man.

TO BE CONTINUED .....................

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh my! 1

April 11   1937   Part Six

When we got to the cabin we took out a flashlight and helped Slugger walk us to the place where he said the gold was buried. It was there. I asked him how much of it was left. He told me nearly all of it. He had only spent maybe ten percent or so. It was in a steel container and we took it back to the truck. We put Slugger in the cab between us and I drove. On the way back to camp John worked him over some more. He was nearly unconscious when we drove into camp. I told the crew we had recovered most of the gold. We tied up the two goons and threw them in the back of the truck. I told everyone to watch the informant and make sure he didn’t leave and be on high alert. I said that John and I had some business to attend to. I drove and John stayed in the back of the truck with the two tied up goons. We were taking them to the place where they had committed the murder of my brother. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. That’s what it says. 

When we got to the place Jed was robbed and killed I pulled the truck over and we  dragged the two thieves to the scene of the crime. It was still dark so I shined a flashlight where they had found Jed. I told them to take a good look at the place they murdered my brother. They were begging us to turn them over to the law. I told them that was too good for them. They were both crying for mercy. We stood them up against a big rock and pulled our pistols. I asked them which one wanted it first. There was no answer.

TO BE CONTINUED ......................

• Like 7
  • Oh my! 1