** Lost Gold At The Dead Man's Mine ** A Miners Journal **

11 minutes ago, geof_junk said:

With  Jed and one for Whiskey Jack looking over the team I'm sure some great glory holes will be found.

Time will tell.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dig4gold said:

This is all just fiction..... right?

D4G

An action adventure series based on a true gold strike. The journal is fiction. Like reading a book.

• Like 3

The gold strike was real and done by hand a small crew in 1936. The area of raised bedrock was 20 ft by 30 ft where over 1000 ounces of gold was removed. Completely true. I believe this was only a small amount of the gold in that deposit. That area was long forgotten until I re-discovered the strike in the government report of 1965. The main deposit is probably 20 ft deeper as true bedrock was never approached by the crew. My best guess is that there is still several million dollars in gold about 70 to 80 ft below the surface.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GhostMiner said:

The gold strike was real and done by hand a small crew in 1936. The area of raised bedrock was 20 ft by 30 ft where over 1000 ounces of gold was removed. Completely true. I believe this was only a small amount of the gold in that deposit. That area was long forgotten until I re-discovered the strike in the government report of 1965. The main deposit is probably 20 ft deeper as true bedrock was never approached by the crew. My best guess is that there is still several million dollars in gold about 70 to 80 ft below the surface.

Yikes! Can you do core drilling to determine if your best guess is a reality?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bedrocker said:

Yikes! Can you do core drilling to determine if your best guess is a reality?

No. The drilling is very difficult there nad I haven't found any companies willing to try it. They want easy money with big dollar jobs.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, GhostMiner said:

No. The drilling is very difficult there nad I haven't found any companies willing to try it. They want easy money with big dollar jobs.

$10 - $15 K per drill hole because of depth and difficulty but there still are no takers for a few holes. I know the gold is there. When the small area of bedrock raised during upheaval the sides that stayed low had to have nearly as much gold as well, maybe more. This is according to professionals who have visted the site.

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1

3 hours ago, GhostMiner said:

$10 - $15 K per drill hole because of depth and difficulty but there still are no takers for a few holes. I know the gold is there. When the small area of bedrock raised during upheaval the sides that stayed low had to have nearly as much gold as well, maybe more. This is according to professionals who have visted the site.

I admit that I don't know much about core drilling. But isn't the drilling through gravel and not solid rock? And you are talking about drilling down 20' to possibly 50' or so? I guess it takes a big enough truck that can climb those hills and set up a tower with the drilling rig on it. Sounds like an expensive truck but the drilling part of it would be kinda easy compared to solid rock?

1 hour ago, Bedrocker said:

I admit that I don't know much about core drilling. But isn't the drilling through gravel and not solid rock? And you are talking about drilling down 20' to possibly 50' or so? I guess it takes a big enough truck that can climb those hills and set up a tower with the drilling rig on it. Sounds like an expensive truck but the drilling part of it would be kinda easy compared to solid rock?

I used to rent equipment. Diamond blades only cut with the tip. It is necessary to remove the debris so the metal arount the tip doesn't get worn away and the tip flies off. 

Solid rock stays away from the shaft. Gravel will fall against it and ruin it. Let alone the fact that gravel moves. Bits only cut by wearing away the material. Gravel moves too much. 

• Thanks 1