** Lost Gold At The Dead Man's Mine ** A Miners Journal **

10 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

Ohhhhhhhhhh ! SO,,,I think I have some of this figured out now.....🤔

You are actually Slim's dad .

You have been on tour looking for the perfect tree to carve your new guitar from. 

When you prospect you stuff all that hair under your hat so the paparazzi don't recognize you...🥸

It goes without saying of course we all want to see a demonstration of you spinning the sixguns that you used to become the #1 champion duck hunter of the world !!👍

So that would make me somewhere between 160 - 180 yrs old. Man, I didn't think I looked that bad. Must be all the whiskey drinkin'.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, GhostMiner said:

April 18   1937   Part Four

Slim said when a man told him he was going to kill him he took him at his word. So he raised his right hand as if to give up but as he did so snapped the six shooter out of its holster with his left hand and fired three times. The rancher dropped to the ground lifeless. Just that quick he had taken two lives but felt he had no choice. The cowboys were real upset now because their boss and one of their friends were eating dirt. Slim said there were five of them left and some had sidearms. He told them not to make any moves and walked backwards towards the barn. He saddled a horse and road off into the night leaving what few belongings he had. However, he did have a full poke now. Within the space of a few minutes he had become an outlaw. Then he told us the rest of the story.

TO BE CONTINUED ...................

Slim, you're an outlaw now.

• Oh my! 1

So far the crew hasn't got much gold but there's a whole bunch of action about to hit the fan. Buckle up because Season Two is Season One on steroids. Gold, guns, brawls, shootouts, whiskey drinking, and that's just the beginning. Might be more than some here can handle. New characters ready to die for gold. Hang on, it's coming right at you.

• Oh my! 1

April 18   1937   Part Five

Slim said he lasted until the law dogs caught up with him in Cody, Wyoming. He said there were two of them and he could have easily gunned them down but didn’t want to kill any more men. He got thirty years and got out when he was 51 years old. More than half his life had now been spent in prison and he had no one to call a friend. He was on his own in a strange world. 

He was forbidden to own or carry a gun and had no training except in gun play and cow punching and bronc busting. He thought about the rodeo circuit but everyone told him he was too old. He decided to give it a try anyway.

He got on with the Cowboy Contest circuit in Cheyenne and found out he could still hold his own in the bronc riding division. He made himself a living for nearly ten years and was the oldest cowboy to qualify for a trophy and prize money. Then he eventually hooked up with a ranch in the area and now he was sitting at our campfire drinking whisky with us. We all pulled out some cups as he talked about his life and drank whiskey with him deep into the night. Around two in the morning we all turned in. When we got up none of us were feeling too good and took the day off nursing bad hangovers. There was no gold made that day.

TO BE CONTINUED .................

• Like 4
  • Oh my! 1

My goal is to lay these stories out here like a movie with occasional soundtracks that fit the action. It is my hope that rhe reader can use his or her imagination to read the story and picture it as a movie using their own imagination. I suppose that's what reading adventure stories is all about. It takes everyone to their own private place. 

• Like 2

Slim is either going to proove to be a good person to have on the mine or perhaps a very bad idea taking him in to the crew. Time will tell. More to come today.

• Oh my! 1