** Lost Gold At The Dead Man's Mine ** A Miners Journal **

29 minutes ago, dig4gold said:

Happy New Year. So, is this part of the yarn with Jacob fact or fiction?

Shame at the end with the mining crew that the thugs & hooligans "won".

D4G

Some didn't want their real names used.

• Like 5

April 24   2002     Part Five

I didn’t want to ask Jacob any questions about this sensitive subject and left it up to him to decide what he wanted to tell us about the old days on the claims. He said that he wanted us to know most of the story as his days were numbered and there was no one left to give the information to. 

Jacob told us that Jed was very secretive about the hiding places for his gold back in 1936. Jed didn’t even tell his brother but for some reason Jacob believed that when Jed was murdered and his gold stolen the robbers didn’t get it all. Jacob seemed to think that Jed had hidden a portion of the gold on the mountain. Possibly some of it off the property. One time Jed had told him that the mining property was the first place thieves would look. Jacob said that he didn’t think Sarge’s gold from the 1937 season had ever been found either. He said he wanted to spend his time looking for hidden gold, including his own. His memory of his hiding places had faded with time and he never made any maps. I told him my crew was here to mine gold but we would also help him as much as we could. Jacob told us he also wanted to help us mine and could assist with likely locations to prospect. 

With that we all got in the truck and headed back to camp for lunch. After that we planned to head north up along the creek where the marked boulders were located. He wanted to show us this area for several reasons.   

TO BE CONTINUED ...................

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Based on info we got as to buried treasure and gold from the mysterious person who stopped by our claims as well as advice from Jacob we went treasure hunting. Not with a pick and shovel but with a proper digging tool. I won't say here if we found anything but keep reading.  

DSC00096.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

One of the areas with the marked boulders Jacob showed us. Were there actually some with the circled  X  he talked about? Yes. We were 65 yrs too late as usual.  

DSC00074.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

According to Jacob this was another area where gold might have been buried further up the mountain. Jacob pointed to this area back in 2002 and said to go up there and search. He told us some of the old crew made secret trips up there from time to time. 

DSC00059.JPG

• Like 5

9 hours ago, GhostMiner said:

According to Jacob this was another area where gold might have been buried further up the mountain. Jacob pointed to this area back in 2002 and said to go up there and search. He told us some of the old crew made secret trips up there from time to time. 

DSC00059.JPG

Up that draw on the right looks interesting.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1