** Lost Gold At The Dead Man's Mine ** A Miners Journal **

The old road that goes up to the 1937 dig site which was our 2002 dig site.

DSC00198.JPG

• Like 3

We found Sarge waiting for a train at the Paxton Depot. He had been waiting for over 78 yrs.

DSC00021.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

The Paxton Hotel - one of Jacob's old haunts from back in 1936/1937. The place is said to be haunted. My wife & I stayed on the property for a month back in 2015 but we never saw the ghost.

DSC00019.JPG

DSC00020.JPG

DSC00017.JPG

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, GhostMiner said:

The Paxton Hotel - one of Jacob's old haunts from back in 1936/1937. The place is said to be haunted. My wife & I stayed on the property for a month back in 2015 but we never saw the ghost.

DSC00019.JPG

DSC00020.JPG

DSC00017.JPG

Paxton has a rich history which our little crew added to when we stayed there. Card games until 2:00 AM with plenty of beer, wine, & whisky. A few of the permanent residents who lived there in cabins were real party animals. As a matter of fact, that's about all they did. New owners have changed it from what it was back then. Or at least that's what I hear. There is a drift mine going into the mountain you can enter as well as the remains of an old stamp mill on the Feather River. One interesting note about the drift mine (tunnel mine) - two of my partners went in to explore it one day. They both had new flashlights with new batteries. After they got into the tunnel a ways both flashlights went out and the batteries were dead. We figure that mine to be haunted and the old timers don't like tresspassers searching for their gold. Tommy Knockers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh my! 2

1 hour ago, Tahoegold said:

So, Whiskey Jack was a miner from the 1800's in season 1. Did you create that character from the old cabin or did Jacob tell you about him?

There was a crew in 1936. The gold strike really happened. The crew names were changed. Some of season one was real, some was fictional. Only I know what was fiction & what was real LOL. Same with season 2 1937. The 2002 is real and I lived it. Jacob was real as well but names were changed. 

• Like 2

I will say something about these claims - Jacob told me that he believed they were cursed. He said just about everyone that spent any time there ended up with big problems or worse - they died untimely deaths. From my own experiences there I can somewhat agree. There will be more about all that in future writings.

• Like 3