** Lost Gold At The Dead Man's Mine ** A Miners Journal **

True treasure it is  ..........

And that's just the story of the mine's history !

I hope you're keeping your own journal of it too. 

Well , I guess you have ,,,,here anyway. 

AND hope I get out to Cali to see it in person some day !

🖖

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, rvpopeye said:

True treasure it is  ..........

And that's just the story of the mine's history !

I hope you're keeping your own journal of it too. 

Well , I guess you have ,,,,here anyway. 

AND hope I get out to Cali to see it in person some day !

🖖

You are always welcome.

• Thanks 1

THX , I want mom to be around for as long as possible . But she's 98 and I do miss my old life out on the road !

I just spotted your new 👍 live mine journal. 

Hoping for less problems but more exciting finds ! 

Some can only dream.......

• Like 2

We are at the point of Jed's season winding down. I will begin posting more frequently all the way to the dramatic ending just as promised. I know I have lost some of the readers but there are still some of you out there that like the story. I will also post the winner of the total gold count. I have given up trying to figure out what makes people tick. It has been my pleasure to post this. So with that being said, here we go.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh my! 1

SEPTEMBER 24   1936

This morning my hand was still sore but I was able to work but at a slower pace than normal. I took a bottle of Bushmills up to the site with me to use as a pain medication when needed. John and Hudson were going to town on the gravels and the noise of the shovels bounced down the mountain. There was plenty of good natured banter between us and I thought to myself if only Whiskey Jack was here to see the work and the gold. We all enjoyed the cooler weather and that was helping us work at a good clip. The longer I worked the sorer my hand was getting and the more whiskey I drank. By early afternoon I was getting drunk but still kept a decent pace. I made it to the end of the day and the weigh but my bottle had run dry. We ended with 3 more ounces in the jar. 

Back at camp Hudson was going on about how much gold we had made for the day. If only he knew what this crew had accomplished. After supper I broke out a fresh bottle and Hudson joined me in the cups until nearly midnight.

TO BE CONTINUED ...................

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh my! 1

1 hour ago, GhostMiner said:

SEPTEMBER 24   1936

This morning my hand was still sore but I was able to work but at a slower pace than normal. I took a bottle of Bushmills up to the site with me to use as a pain medication when needed. John and Hudson were going to town on the gravels and the noise of the shovels bounced down the mountain. There was plenty of good natured banter between us and I thought to myself if only Whiskey Jack was here to see the work and the gold. We all enjoyed the cooler weather and that was helping us work at a good clip. The longer I worked the sorer my hand was getting and the more whiskey I drank. By early afternoon I was getting drunk but still kept a decent pace. I made it to the end of the day and the weigh but my bottle had run dry. We ended with 3 more ounces in the jar. 

Back at camp Hudson was going on about how much gold we had made for the day. If only he knew what this crew had accomplished. After supper I broke out a fresh bottle and Hudson joined me in the cups until nearly midnight.

TO BE CONTINUED ...................

Good 'ole Hudson!

2 hours ago, Bedrocker said:

Good 'ole Hudson!

Another whiskey drinker LOL.

• Haha 1

SEPTEMBER 25   1936

When I woke up this morning my hand was hurting like hell. So was my head. John approached me this morning and had some concerns about my drinking which I have to admit has become excessive. This is the first time anyone has questioned me on this subject and I did not appreciate it. I told John not to worry about me and I was just fine. He didn’t push the subject and it was dropped.

Up at the pit I did my best to work and brought up another bottle to keep me going. It was only for the pain. I don’t think John approved but he never said anything. He and Hudson were working up a storm while I did a small amount of shoveling and a bit more time drinking. Once again I was drunk by late afternoon and we did the weigh and got one ounce. 

Down at camp that night I told the crew I was sorry I couldn’t shovel much gravel that day but would be back at it full bore soon. No one was concerned and told me to just get better. Lately I have been more interested in drinking than mining. I need to get myself back on track but tonight I am going to drink with Hudson again. The rest of the crew has turned in.

TO BE CONTINUED ....................

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh my! 1