** Lost Gold At The Dead Man's Mine ** A Miners Journal **

So there is Will, John and Hudson plus the guy doing the talking. Forgot his name. Not enough men to safely operate up there. Need at least two men on guard at all times. Time to find more help and the sooner the better.

1 hour ago, Bedrocker said:

So there is Will, John and Hudson plus the guy doing the talking. Forgot his name. Not enough men to safely operate up there. Need at least two men on guard at all times. Time to find more help and the sooner the better.

Jacob is talking. He is Jed's younger brother. Jed was murdered at end of season one. There, all caught up now LOL.

June 7   1937     Part One

This morning was a great weigh with three ounces to put in the jar. The gold along the base of the mountain near country rock is producing a constant supply of gold. This is what we all want to see. There is nothing like gold. Since the crew has worked so hard and we are all rolling in money from our treasure find I called a quick meeting this morning before work started. I asked the crew if they thought we should hire more people to work as security and also some to work as miners. No one seemed to want to bring in any new people. I reminded them that we are very low on security and at risk out here. John said it might be good to hire a big security crew but wasn’t sure how we would find trustworthy people. We had been able to count on Sarge and Ben. I told the crew I was going into town this afternoon to see if I could find some people to interview for security guards.

Will and I went up to the hill and dug until about 2:00 in the afternoon. We got 70 buckets down to the tom. Then John and I took the truck into town leaving the rest of the crew at camp. We were on a lonely section of the road when I noticed a big car coming up at a fast clip from behind. I slowed the truck and pulled off towards the shoulder and waved him past as he seemed to be in a hurry but the car slowed down and wouldn’t pass. I asked John what all this was about. He had the BAR with him and I had one of the Thompsons. We also were wearing our 45’s. 

As I continued to slow the truck down the car came along side of us. It was a black Cadillac sedan with four men inside. I got a look at the driver but didn’t recognize him. They were staring right at us. I continued to slow down and wave them past but they just slowed down with me.

TO BE CONTINUED ...............

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh my! 2

3 hours ago, GhostMiner said:

Jacob is talking. He is Jed's younger brother. Jed was murdered at end of season one. There, all caught up now LOL.

Yeah I knew it was Jed's brother doing the talking. But easy to forget his name when he is the one always doing the talking.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bedrocker said:

Yeah I knew it was Jed's brother doing the talking. But easy to forget his name when he is the one always doing the talking.

As long as i don't forget it we are good LOL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, GhostMiner said:

June 7   1937     Part One

This morning was a great weigh with three ounces to put in the jar. The gold along the base of the mountain near country rock is producing a constant supply of gold. This is what we all want to see. There is nothing like gold. Since the crew has worked so hard and we are all rolling in money from our treasure find I called a quick meeting this morning before work started. I asked the crew if they thought we should hire more people to work as security and also some to work as miners. No one seemed to want to bring in any new people. I reminded them that we are very low on security and at risk out here. John said it might be good to hire a big security crew but wasn’t sure how we would find trustworthy people. We had been able to count on Sarge and Ben. I told the crew I was going into town this afternoon to see if I could find some people to interview for security guards.

Will and I went up to the hill and dug until about 2:00 in the afternoon. We got 70 buckets down to the tom. Then John and I took the truck into town leaving the rest of the crew at camp. We were on a lonely section of the road when I noticed a big car coming up at a fast clip from behind. I slowed the truck and pulled off towards the shoulder and waved him past as he seemed to be in a hurry but the car slowed down and wouldn’t pass. I asked John what all this was about. He had the BAR with him and I had one of the Thompsons. We also were wearing our 45’s. 

As I continued to slow the truck down the car came along side of us. It was a black Cadillac sedan with four men inside. I got a look at the driver but didn’t recognize him. They were staring right at us. I continued to slow down and wave them past but they just slowed down with me.

TO BE CONTINUED ...............

So I leaned back in my seat as John rested the barrel of his BAR on my window sill and proceeded to remodel the top of that Cadillac. Right?

27 minutes ago, Bedrocker said:

So I leaned back in my seat as John rested the barrel of his BAR on my window sill and proceeded to remodel the top of that Cadillac. Right?

Who knows who these guys might be. 

• Like 1

So are these 4 guys gangsters? Undercover cops pretending to be gangsters? Crooked cops working for the gangsters? Mining investors? Fan boys of the crew? Gold buyers? ???????????

• Like 1