** Lost Gold At The Dead Man's Mine ** A Miners Journal **

G_J

So you fell down the well and Lassie just saved you ?

That was a close one !

She picked a good time to get you back too ! 

(Guess she's been helping Jed find the motherlode and knew you'd want to see ......)

A phisicist using arial lidar worked at Jed's old site awhile back & we have his results. According to him there is a large gold deposit at the diggings that Jed worked. As good as Jed did & it was very good it appears he only scratched the surface & there is a bigger deposit beside his dig in a small drop zone fault. The amount that could be in there is big but deeper than Jed's workings. Jed probably would have called it a kettle - a very deep one. It will require some tipe of verticle or sloping drift. He is working on some ideas for a hand digging operation. He told us it won't be easy.

MAY 14   1936

The weather has warmed considerably. The days are getting hotter but the nights are cold. There have so far been no more hooligans to disrupt us. Toaday I once again did the digging to get us a good direction and a descending trench heading along the fault towards the first dig. I have dug down a good eight feet below the second hole and lowering a trench five feet in width from there. That way I can walk a ramp out with the buckets once pay is discovered. We have not run the tom for two days now. The dig is slow with abundance of heavy rock that either gets worked around or moved. I am gambling a bit here but after seeing the gold in the first dig I feel the gamble will pay off.

We have also decided for the both of us to stay at camp at night as there is little chance of anyone stealing gravel out of the dig that would be worthwhile at this time. I am going to alternate digging with John tomorrow. We can't leave the camp unmanned so one of us must always be here in case of robbers.

TO BE CONTINUED ....................

• Like 3

4 hours ago, GhostMiner said:

A phisicist using arial lidar worked at Jed's old site awhile back & we have his results. According to him there is a large gold deposit at the diggings that Jed worked. As good as Jed did & it was very good it appears he only scratched the surface & there is a bigger deposit beside his dig in a small drop zone fault. The amount that could be in there is big but deeper than Jed's workings. Jed probably would have called it a kettle - a very deep one. It will require some tipe of verticle or sloping drift. He is working on some ideas for a hand digging operation. He told us it won't be easy.

I am enjoying this thread, but I fail to see how a physicist could determine there was a large gold deposit using ariel Lidar.  Lidar only measures the ground surface, perhaps he was using different equipment besides Lidar?  Is this fellow a GeoPhysicist?  There was a good thread awhile back from some Romanian fellow with a ground penetrating radar.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

I am enjoying this thread, but I fail to see how a physicist could determine there was a large gold deposit using ariel Lidar.  Lidar only measures the ground surface, perhaps he was using different equipment besides Lidar?  Is this fellow a GeoPhysicist?  There was a good thread awhile back from some Romanian fellow with a ground penetrating radar.

He did several types. I wasn't out there when he did them but my partner was. Some were arial and some were on the ground. We also had a geologist out there. They spent 2 days working. I'm going to contact him this weekend and talk further about all this. I don't want to do a formal plan on this project so my concern is how to get down 50 feet below the surface. The flooded hole Jed dug is collapsed. There is also gold left in that huge trench they dug back in 1936. I don't think they got to bedrock everywhere in it. That's where the high graders were stealing gold. I can't even imagine the digging they did. A clue - the crew gets larger. I  Beside that digging to the south is the drop zone fault. They are saying to maybe dig a descending drift but I have no experience with that kind of mining. It would have to be timbered. You'd have a starting point way back from the target and work your way in. Or you go straight down. It's all sitting on bedrock. They are telling us it could be as much as 10,000 ounces.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, GhostMiner said:

He did several types. I wasn't out there when he did them but my partner was. Some were arial and some were on the ground. We also had a geologist out there. They spent 2 days working. I'm going to contact him this weekend and talk further about all this. I don't want to do a formal plan on this project so my concern is how to get down 50 feet below the surface. The flooded hole Jed dug is collapsed. There is also gold left in that huge trench they dug back in 1936. I don't think they got to bedrock everywhere in it. That's where the high graders were stealing gold. I can't even imagine the digging they did. A clue - the crew gets larger. I  Beside that digging to the south is the drop zone fault. They are saying to maybe dig a descending drift but I have no experience with that kind of mining. It would have to be timbered. You'd have a starting point way back from the target and work your way in. Or you go straight down. It's all sitting on bedrock. They are telling us it could be as much as 10,000 ounces.  

Thanks for the answers, I hope that Physicist has some good data for you.  Good luck with everything.  Just curious, but were you sharing this same story on Treasurenet? about a year ago?  There is alot familiar with a poster over there whom they banned eventually.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kodiak said:

Thanks for the answers, I hope that Physicist has some good data for you.  Good luck with everything.  Just curious, but were you sharing this same story on Treasurenet? about a year ago?  There is alot familiar with a poster over there whom they banned eventually.

No but I might post it there as well, not sure. There was a story about Jed Stevens on there?

• Like 2