** Lost Gold At The Dead Man's Mine ** A Miners Journal **

Just now, Bedrocker said:

I agree man. Time to hire some gunslingers.

You gotta do something. Those 3 guys ain't going away lol.

I'm wondering what they're connection is with the mountain. Are they hippie tree huggers or simply some crazed local madmen? Strange how much they want to stop the mining. I would think that they would be a little more respectful of the mining crews ability to STOP them.

Plot twist: They aren't actually real. They are the ghosts of three dead hooligans from the 1930's. That's why the bullets they were firing didn't hurt anyone or make a thudding noise.

• Haha 1

Gotta be locals. Who would drive miles, hike in, and start shooting miners. It's someone who thinks it's their back yard and someone's messing with it. There's not enough paying material to hire security. So, like Jacob said, it's best to handle it themselves. Maybe get creative with scare tactics. That's what the locals are doing as they have the home advantage. They aren't trying to steal the gold. They are just causing problems. Maybe follow one of them home. Take a picture of their house and post it on the water pump. See how they like it then...

Them, "Hey, that's my house.. oh oh..."

• Like 3

... Or maybe set some trip wires that alert the day crew so they can continue to work. In any event ALL crew members must be armed and ready to defend at any time night or day. The plot thickens as the old movie saying goes.

• Like 2

What we are reading right now guys is all history, happened in 2002. Unfortunately we can't go back and "fix" whatever happened back then. It's nice to speculate, kind of fun though.

Mike

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MikeT said:

What we are reading right now guys is all history, happened in 2002. Unfortunately we can't go back and "fix" whatever happened back then. It's nice to speculate, kind of fun though.

Mike

Yes, I lived it. Good times & bad just like everything else in life. Dealing with crew members is up & down as well.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MikeT said:

Mike

To bring everything forward - I have a partner who was run out of the area of the original digsite of 1936 by gunfire. This happened last year. Some things never seem to change. He sent me the video but doesn't want it put out on any media outlets. He had his young son with him when it happened. He didn't think the goons were firinig at him but just trying to scare him.

• Like 3
  • Oh my! 3

Gold Mining - where do I start? It's a cut throat business where people will screw you for an ounce of gold or less. People get gold fever which means they go bat sh..  crazy sometimes. You can't reason with them when they have the fever. I have been in fights with mining crews both on & off my claims. I've watched people make extremely poor decisions that cost them everything including their wives and all their money. I've seen people hit nice gold and it was fantastic. I saw a little crew pull over 50 ounces in 5 days with the gold being less than 8 feet under their feet. I happened to be on their crew helping out when it happened & it was great fun. Mining is an emotional roller coaster. That's why my little company is now more into exploration & leasing than actual mining although with gold now sitting at $2060/OZ & showing no signs of stopping I may need to jump back into one of those old dig sites from 1936 soon. 

• Like 5
  • Oh my! 1

2 hours ago, GhostMiner said:

Gold Mining - where do I start? It's a cut throat business where people will screw you for an ounce of gold or less. People get gold fever which means they go bat sh..  crazy sometimes. You can't reason with them when they have the fever. I have been in fights with mining crews both on & off my claims. I've watched people make extremely poor decisions that cost them everything including their wives and all their money. I've seen people hit nice gold and it was fantastic. I saw a little crew pull over 50 ounces in 5 days with the gold being less than 8 feet under their feet. I happened to be on their crew helping out when it happened & it was great fun. Mining is an emotional roller coaster. That's why my little company is now more into exploration & leasing than actual mining although with gold now sitting at $2060/OZ & showing no signs of stopping I may need to jump back into one of those old dig sites from 1936 soon. 

BTW, we have had a new plan of operation approved for heavy equipment and a trommel on our northern California claims. That makes 7 approved permits since 2015. 

• Like 2
  • Oh my! 2

June 3   2002     Part Two

After a long discussion, Jim made the decision to stay with the crew and continue to mine. Jacob said the only thing we needed to worry about was sabotage. He didn’t think the hooligans would actually harm anyone and neither did I. When we convinced Jim of this he was ok with things. We all just want to mine our claims. If only things could be that simple.

Since we had moved our camp and were working close to it, we didn’t have to worry about anything there. Jacob set his gold cleaning operation up in a nice, shady spot and Vern would now be the pump tender and guard during the day. We will split up night duties to guard the pump and water line at night.

With a plan in place, we got back to washing gold bearing gravel. We had a quick lunch and worked straight through until nearly dark. We had processed 60 yards of pay by day’s end. We cleaned out the tom and hauled the tub of concentrates over to Jacob who was only 200 feet from the dig site. The moving of camp turned out to be a good idea. Now Jacob will have himself a busy day tomorrow and show us what today’s labor produced. 

TO BE CONTINUED .................

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Oh my! 1

The remains of Whisky Jack's old cabin on the mine as it appears now. 

DSC00048.JPG

DSC00049.JPG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1