** Lost Gold At The Dead Man's Mine ** A Miners Journal **

44 minutes ago, Tahoegold said:

Hi Black jack,

So, GM has had this operation permitted. This permitting process covers all aspects of a mining operation and expressly describes every aspect according to California and Federal Law. Each time a permit is applied for, government entities approve each action the mining operation will take. 

The question you ask seems to allude to something nefarious occuring outside of the law. Think about that, here you have men trying to do the right thing by permitting this claim through government channels. It appears that these men have every intention of adhering to all applicable laws. They want to work their claim and live the American dream of hard work = rewards. 

Are insinuating these hard working American Miners are breaking the law? Do you have actual knowledge or eye witness account of any statement you have made? 

The kind of questions you asked seem pretty unfair given the facts of the operation. I'm not trying to be mean. If you didn't understand the process I hope now you can now see these are hard working law abiding Americans trying to make a business work and to provide for their families.

Hey Tahoegold, now that you point it out I can see that it would be easy to think that I was questioning the process. I can assure you and others that was not my intention, I understand that  Ghostminer is operating a legitimate business, further more I know how strict the rules would be in California, this was the basis of my question, I was curious as to what was required to operate legally. In asking the question I though I was giving Ghostminer the chance to share with others some of the details of his operation. For those who took it another way, that is understandable. I commend you for jumping to his defence.

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, GhostMiner said:

The permits are approved by Federal, State, & County agencies. All plant, wildlife, & water are considered in the plan.  The tailings water is contained in a settling pond. This operation is about 1/2 mile from any creek. The water is actually being taken from a flooded mine shaft which formed a pond 1700 ft or so to the NW on the mountain. The State of California granted the water license and the operation was monitored. All disturbance was put back under the plan and was covered by a bond to the Federal government. After two years it was hard to see that any mining activity had taken place. The Federal government holds the bond as security until all reclamation has passed muster. If you don't follow the plan you are pretty much finished as miners. Reputation means quite a bit. Ours is very good. That is why our permit applications continue to be approved.  

Thanks Ghostminer My question was based on curiosity not malice, please read my answer to Tahoegold. after reading all 194 pages from you I think I have gotten some insight into how you would operate.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, blackjack said:

Thanks Ghostminer My question was based on curiosity not malice, please read my answer to Tahoegold. after reading all 194 pages from you I think I have gotten some insight into how you would operate.

No worries blackjack. I didn't see any malice in the question either but sometimes words on the internet get mistaken as far as the meanings. Many thanks to you & Tahoe for your interest and for reading the journal.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 5/13/2023 at 6:08 PM, GhostMiner said:

I may never go back to civilized society again.

GhostMiner I for one would not blame you in the least if that became reality. Not sure our 'civilized' society, at least in today's world, is worth much consideration. 

• Like 3

Just catching my breath from some big adventures in the state of Washington. I will get more journal entries up tomorrow hopefully. Cheers.

• Like 3

June 8   2002     Part One

I got to work early. The sun hadn't quite come up yet and the crew was just waking. I decided to start pushing tailings that had gotten ahead of us yesterday. So I pushed them and carried them away as well. Within an hour breakfast was on and everyone was at Jacob’s camper including me. Then we got to work. Or at least we tried.

While Jacob started his gold cleanup duties Vern hiked up the mountain to get the pump running. I fired up the trommel and Jim started digging pay with the excavator. I dumped in the first load of pay with the steer and heard a loud clang and the trommel stopped as I saw the chain go flying through the air. I heard Jim let out a few choice words and I signaled Vern to shut down the pump. We were broke down before we had even started. Jacob had heard the ruckus and came walking over from his cleanup station. He said some words I didn’t quite understand but knew were not good. Then he rolled a smoke and just shook his head in disgust. Then he walked back over to continue processing yesterday's concentrates.

Vern, Jim, and I looked over the situation. The chain was not repairable and we needed a new one. When it broke it had also done damage to the sprocket teeth. What a way to start the day.

TO BE CONTINUED ...................

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Oh my! 5

3 hours ago, Denny3 said:

Interesting story!! 

Hopefully you have started from the beginning in season one 1936. Good to have you on board.

8 hours ago, GhostMiner said:

June 8   2000     Part One

I got to work early. The sun hadn't quite come up yet and the crew was just waking. I decided to start pushing tailings that had gotten ahead of us yesterday. So I pushed them and carried them away as well. Within an hour breakfast was on and everyone was at Jacob’s camper including me. Then we got to work. Or at least we tried.

While Jacob started his gold cleanup duties Vern hiked up the mountain to get the pump running. I fired up the trommel and Jim started digging pay with the excavator. I dumped in the first load of pay with the steer and heard a loud clang and the trommel stopped as I saw the chain go flying through the air. I heard Jim let out a few choice words and I signaled Vern to shut down the pump. We were broke down before we had even started. Jacob had heard the ruckus and came walking over from his cleanup station. He said some words I didn’t quite understand but knew were not good. Then he rolled a smoke and just shook his head in disgust. Then he walked back over to continue processing yesterday's concentrates.

Vern, Jim, and I looked over the situation. The chain was not repairable and we needed a new one. When it broke it had also done damage to the sprocket teeth. What a way to start the day.

TO BE CONTINUED ...................

June 8   2000     Part One

June of 2000??? Are we going back in time now?