** Lost Gold At The Dead Man's Mine ** A Miners Journal **

3 hours ago, GhostMiner said:

The mountain has a dark history. Numerous gunfights involving mineres, loggers, ranchers, and trouble makers.

Some things never change, unfortunately.

• Like 1

JULY 14   1936

We weighed up the gold from yesterday after breakfast and got a nice surprise with 2 ounces in the pan. That was more than expected with such a low bucket count. The gravels here seem to be rich. We worked hard all day with no intruders to slow us and ended with 248 buckets. There is very little large rock to move and the river channel is evident. We are down a good 7 feet in depth and widening the trench to the same and driving the dig east into the fault.

At camp tonight we are all four of us on alert for any sounds or movement. The bobcat screeching has gone away. We used to hear them almost every night. I don’t know if that is a warning that there are trespassers in the area or that they just have moved on to better territory. The crew turned in early and I took first watch with my whiskey to warm me against the cold night air. 

TO BE CONTINUED .................

• Like 9

"There is very little large rock to move and the river channel is evident. "

Love this quote, as I have seen intact channel many times, and once you've seen it, you never forget it. Moreover, it makes it easier to trace the course of the gold because of it. 

This story has more twists and turns than a rattler tossed into a frying pan!

Really enjoying the read, thanks for posting the entries.

All the best,

Lanny

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Lanny said:

"There is very little large rock to move and the river channel is evident. "

Love this quote, as I have seen intact channel many times, and once you've seen it, you never forget it. Moreover, it makes it easier to trace the course of the gold because of it. 

This story has more twists and turns than a rattler tossed into a frying pan!

Really enjoying the read, thanks for posting the entries.

All the best,

Lanny

Thanks Lanny!

• Like 1

Good luck , don't forget to come back , if you don't finish this yarn there will be bounty hunters chasing you 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

GhostMiner  ...in the year 2000 ... I was on a laser correction of both eyes  ... and so far it is all right ... I really believe in this medical technique ...your procedure will be of a similar type ...

• Like 1