** Lost Gold At The Dead Man's Mine ** A Miners Journal **

1 hour ago, beatup said:

good to hear all went well with the eye surgery 

Thanks much!

Glad to hear everything went well GM! Maybe, couple of days eye rest could be in order?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, peterinaust said:

Just caught up to date. What a great read this is. Thank you GM.

You are most welcome & thank you!

11 hours ago, DOOGY-MD said:

Glad to hear everything went well GM! Maybe, couple of days eye rest could be in order?

Thank you.

Hey Ghostminer, hope your eye is feeling better, i was wondering if you know the size of the buckets they were filling up? Maybe 5 gallons ? 

3 hours ago, Hardtimehermit said:

Hey Ghostminer, hope your eye is feeling better, i was wondering if you know the size of the buckets they were filling up? Maybe 5 gallons ? 

Thanks Hardtimehermit. Feelin pretty good now. As far as bucket size, they don't say. I found one small homemade bucket up there but it wouldn't have been strong enough to hold gravels or big enough either. I'm thinking probably 5 gallon. They weren't carrying them very far as they loaded them on the back of Jed's Ford truck which you could get within 50 to 100 ft of where they dug. I assume they filled them up but once again they don't say. 

When I did some testing up there I had to carry buckets about 100 yards to a recirculating sluice. I started out with full buckets in the morning but by afternoon they were 2/3 buckets LOL. There are hot spots all along the 2000 ft of faultline. That's what he was doing, finding hot spots. However, the glory holes are another animal altogether. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Take your time and get well. This is a real cliff hanger, we are not going anywhere.

• Like 1