** Lost Gold At The Dead Man's Mine ** A Miners Journal **

21 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

With a little less hooligans......but you're already mining there ,,with the journal .

You may be right LOL.

• Like 1

JULY 29   1936

Part Four

We marched the lot of them down to camp. Sarge told them to sit against a wall of tailings down by the creek and not to move. He told us he was going to town to make a call and keep them under guard. He told Ben to take his watch post outside of camp. About two hours later he returned. He told us he had some people coming to pick them up that night but it might be late. He said to get some rest if we wanted and he would watch them with John. By now I needed a cup of whiskey for my nerves and so did the crew so we sat at the campfire for a spell and talked quietly about the day. Will and Jacob finally turned in but I wasn’t ready for sleep and poured another cup of Irish. Around 2:00 in the morning a rough looking crew of guys came up to the camp and Sarge greeted them. They marched the gang down the creek to the road where a closed transport truck was waiting. The gang was put in there amongst all kinds of protesting. I saw Sarge smack one of them in the mouth and told them to shut their mouths or he'd beat the hell out of them. They were eventually all loaded in and they drove off into the dark. Sarge didn’t say any more about it and I didn’t ask. 

TO BE CONTINUED ....................

• Like 9
  • Oh my! 1

2 hours ago, beatup said:

Hot double d#%m that bit of the tale was good

My guess is that the gang was shanghaied to some foreign country. 

• Like 1

I'm working on transcribing what I think is one of the best parts of the journal. As soon as I get it into a file and can post it  over a number of entry days. Just a hint but remember the mine was called The Whiskey Jack Mine. That mine was on part of the claims Jed worked along the faultline. Maybe Jed hadn't found the actual Whiskey Jack Mine yet? Maybe Jed thought what he had dug was the Whiskey Jack Mine? Stay tuned because things are about to get interesting again. Sometimes things become lost and forgotten over time.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, GhostMiner said:

I'm working on transcribing what I think is one of the best parts of the journal. As soon as I get it into a file and can post it  over a number of entry days. Just a hint but remember the mine was called The Whiskey Jack Mine. That mine was on part of the claims Jed worked along the faultline. Maybe Jed hadn't found the actual Whiskey Jack Mine yet? Maybe Jed thought what he had dug was the Whiskey Jack Mine? Stay tuned because things are about to get interesting again. Sometimes things become lost and forgotten over time.  

Stay tuned??

Okay lol.

I hope nothing happens to you Ghost Miner before you get this journal posting completed!!

Be careful and don't take any risks with your life man.

I love this story and I want you to know that and also how very much I appreciate the time you are spending to tell the story.

Thank you!

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Bedrocker said:

Stay tuned??

Okay lol.

I hope nothing happens to you Ghost Miner before you get this journal posting completed!!

Be careful and don't take any risks with your life man.

I love this story and I want you to know that and also how very much I appreciate the time you are spending to tell the story.

Thank you!

You are welcome and thanks for reading.