** Lost Gold At The Dead Man's Mine ** A Miners Journal **

Firstly a comment, at least to me, amounts to a super "like."

Secondly those two pictures are the best of the bunch so far, really intriguing and interesting.

Now, just in case it's not obvious, I'm hitting "like" in your post. 👏

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, flakmagnet said:

Firstly a comment, at least to me, amounts to a super "like?"

Secondly those two pictures are the best of the bunch so far, really intriguing and interesting.

Now, just in case it's not obvious, I'm hitting "like" in your post. 👏

Can't get one of them to rotate.

1 hour ago, GhostMiner said:

Well you sure made up for it all at once LOL.

When the story started out I was liking every one of your posts.

Then  after giving you several likes I got a popup that said I have used up all my likes for one day...or something to that effect. I hadn't realized that we couldn't just like everything.

After that I started using my 'likes' sparingly. I will try to max them out because you and Jed and the crew deserve it man!

• Like 3
  • Oh my! 1

12 minutes ago, GhostMiner said:

img397.jpg

DSC00071.JPG

I was able to enhance the old photo a bit & got it to rotate. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bedrocker said:

When the story started out I was liking every one of your posts.

Then  after giving you several likes I got a popup that said I have used up all my likes for one day...or something to that effect. I hadn't realized that we couldn't just like everything.

After that I started using my 'likes' sparingly. I will try to max them out because you and Jed and the crew deserve it man!

Thanks so much!

• Like 1

AUGUST 6   1936

Last night we were woke up by the return of the midnight screechers as I call them. The bobcats come in from the west and screech blood curdling calls to each other as they approach camp. Then eventually they leave. There have been no more trespassers up here since we cleared out the co operative goons. That has been a relief.

Jack weighed the gold and we had 5 ounces. He did his dance and we went to work. The slope in country continued and we cleaned out gravels as we went deeper on down. We now had about 7 feet of head clearance and the width of the drift began to narrow here. It was about 5 feet wide and only one man could work it so we took half hour shifts at digging and the other two hauled out buckets. This slowed down the amount of gravels but my test pans continued to improve in quality. After a long day we ended up with 107 buckets.

Back at camp we all sat around supper speculating on how long the drift would hold out. Whiskey Jack thinks it will terminate in solid country soon as it is beginning to narrow quickly. He tells us that the golden pot may be waiting for us there. The crew is anxious to find out what is there. Jack praised us tonight saying we are a rock solid team and work together better than any crew he’s been on. He told us he’d witnessed many a dust up over gold and how to best mine it. 

Sarge and Ben still haven’t given me an answer on whether they can stay longer. I sweetened the pot for them as far as pay and it has them thinking. The problem is they both have farms to run and we would need to pay them for the extra help they would hire. Even then they are not keen to stay more than two extra weeks. We will see how this works out soon. 

TO BE CONTINUED ...................

• Like 8
  • Oh my! 1

43 minutes ago, GhostMiner said:

img397.jpg

DSC00071.JPG

We don't quite look as rough & tough as the above crew LOL. There's one more gal taking the picture. 

• Like 2
  • Oh my! 1

"  Last night we were woke up by the return of the midnight screechers as I call them. The bobcats come in from the west and screech blood curdling calls to each other as they approach camp. "

If you are in Australian Bush you may hear a terrifying animal blood curdling call. It will be coming from one of our DROP BEARS known as KOALA. Carol and I was night camping in a National park when the Koala let go. Two Italian girls doing a backpacking hike in Australia raced up to our tent as scared as can be.   

1200px-Dropbear.thumb.jpg.4c454a975249c4a4f18a7c4888f90ab1.jpg

The drop bear is a hoax in contemporary Australian folklore featuring a predatory, carnivorous version of the koala. This imaginary animal is commonly spoken about in tall tales designed to scare tourists. Wikipedia

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Oh my! 1