** Lost Gold At The Dead Man's Mine ** A Miners Journal **

The Rif Raf bar in town can be a dangerous place. Coming in the next entry in a few minutes.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GhostMiner said:

A noise caused one of my partners to take cover. Just to the right was a bobcat.

Bobcats are normally very secretive and shy, avoiding people. To get to see one should be a treasured experience, not many are  so fortunate. Aside from stories people tell, they are not a threat to people. I trapped Lynx for many years in Alaska, they are twice the size of any Bobcat, and also very shy.

Being in the cat family, they, like most cats, make a lot of noise when breeding. I think that is what Jed was hearing when he talked about "the midnight screechers".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Bobcats are normally very secretive and shy, avoiding people. To get to see one should be a treasured experience, not many are  so fortunate. Aside from stories people tell, they are not a threat to people. I trapped Lynx for many years in Alaska, they are twice the size of any Bobcat, and also very shy.

Being in the cat family, they, like most cats, make a lot of noise when breeding. I think that is what Jed was hearing when he talked about "the midnight screechers".

Yes, it most likely was. I was fortunate to see one right where he camped one night at dusk. It stared at me for about 20 seconds and ran off. Really quite an experience.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, GhostMiner said:

"John was madder than hell that he wasn’t there"

Haha! I bet he was!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, D&P-OR said:

and fun was had by (almost) all!!! 😁

Yes, Jack passed out LOL.