** Lost Gold At The Dead Man's Mine ** A Miners Journal **

This was waiting for me the first time I entered Jed's dig site area.

DSC00271.JPG

• Like 7
  • Oh my! 1

45 minutes ago, GhostMiner said:

This was waiting for me the first time I entered Jed's dig site area.

DSC00271.JPG

Bear ?

While i have been slack in the giving of likes i have to say i have enjoyed this thread  more than anything i have ever read on any forum !  So it's some sort of Super Dooper Like from me . Thanks for all the words and pics .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hunterjunk said:

While i have been slack in the giving of likes i have to say i have enjoyed this thread  more than anything i have ever read on any forum !  So it's some sort of Super Dooper Like from me . Thanks for all the words and pics .

Awesome & thank you!

• Like 1

Much more to come & thanks to all the readers of the journal. You guys rock!

• Like 9

Just when you think the story is getting routine, it gets more exciting. I just cannot imagine working on a crew like that. Now I see why the gold fever struck so many people. In Dahlonega, GA the gold and silver strikes out west caused most of the Dahlonega, gold miners to leave Dahlonega and head west. The mayor or some other Dahlonega official told the miners to stay in Dahlonega because "There is gold in them thar hills" which later became a famous saying.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, maxxkatt said:

Just when you think the story is getting routine, it gets more exciting. I just cannot imagine working on a crew like that. Now I see why the gold fever struck so many people. In Dahlonega, GA the gold and silver strikes out west caused most of the Dahlonega, gold miners to leave Dahlonega and head west. The mayor or some other Dahlonega official told the miners to stay in Dahlonega because "There is gold in them thar hills" which later became a famous saying.

Yes, gold fever is real.

• Like 1

This is one of the areas Jed's crew dug and is south of the first diggings. The slides caused by winter rain & snow have covered over their old diggings. It is actually on the side of the fault line well above the base. I don't think they spent much time here but rather were taking samples in an attempt to find mineable ground.

DSC00272.JPG

DSC00273.JPG

DSC00274.JPG

DSC00275.JPG

• Like 9