** Lost Gold At The Dead Man's Mine ** A Miners Journal **

7 minutes ago, deathray said:

Way cool on the bucket!

Yea, I got it sitting in my office now. I wish I could have found innitials or some writing on it but it's all worn off. 

When I was a young feller my father, who was a very keen gardener, would spray his roses & fruit trees using a 4 gallon kerosene tin with the top cut out & the top lip folded over to hold the spray mix. I got the job of pumping the sprayer while he squirted what ever was being sprayed. The tin bucket looked just like that one but in much better condition. Complete with number 8 fencing wire carry handle.

I am really enjoying the journal. Thanks for the effort in putting it up. Appreciated.

D4G

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, dig4gold said:

When I was a young feller my father, who was a very keen gardener, would spray his roses & fruit trees using a 4 gallon kerosene tin with the top cut out & the top lip folded over to hold the spray mix. I got the job of pumping the sprayer while he squirted what ever was being sprayed. The tin bucket looked just like that one but in much better condition. Complete with number 8 fencing wire carry handle.

I am really enjoying the journal. Thanks for the effort in putting it up. Appreciated.

D4G

Thanks and you are welcome. It's very similar in size to a 5 gallon bucket except not round. Interesting for sure.

12 minutes ago, dig4gold said:

Yes, the kero tin was square. I thought "your" pic of that bucket looked square as well. Although a bit beaten up.

D4G

I don't think it is but yes, it's in bad shape.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GhostMiner said:

Jed's Journal for 1936 is winding down. There is a bit more still to come. Many thanks to all the readers.

1 hour ago, peterinaust said:

Sorry about the negative response from PA forum you were met with GM. Sadly that's the way PA Australia is. 

Well all good thing come to an end. No matter what we do.

As for P.A. it has it's own problems, lets hope they solve their affliction before it becomes a a fatal illness.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, peterinaust said:

Sorry about the negative response from PA forum you were met with GM. Sadly that's the way PA Australia is. 

No worries. Reminds me of another forum I stay away from.

• Like 1