Sold My GPX 5000.. Bought A Deus 2 Instead..

• The title was changed to Sold My GPX 5000.. Bought A Deus 2 Instead..

Did he even catch the ferry across to the island? 🙂

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the Deus 2.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phrunt said:

Did he even catch the ferry across to the island? 🙂

I met him at the ferry terminal in Townsville.. he just handed me a bundle of cash, I deposited it at my bank on the mainland, went online at a mate's place and ordered the Deus! am back on the island now.. probably doesn't sound like much but it's always a bit of a mission when wheeling and dealing from here.. 

I'll start posting first impressions etc.. and also how it performs underwater.. 😃 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I have a feeling that you are going to enjoy your new toy, and I hope it brings you luck.

Good hunting and good luck, I can't wait to hear how it works for you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Valens Legacy said:

I have a feeling that you are going to enjoy your new toy, and I hope it brings you luck

Thanks, I've got a good feeling about the whole deal.. 😁

• Like 1

Just reading the Deus 2 manual, had to laugh at this warning for diving deeper than 20 metres.. 😃

At a depth greater than 20 m, the screen may darken slightly in the centre due to the pressure exerted by the glass on the crystals. This can be reversed when ascending. However, the screen can break at a depth of about 35 m/115 ft, so be careful.

• Like 4

Good luck with the new machine Erik!!! The first question I need to ask is did you take the rest of the money and invest in a shark cage? Question two is did you call XP and ask them how the screen holds up to a great whites bite force? You my friend have doo-dads the size of basketballs. No way I would be in your water past ankle deep. All joking aside I hope this new XP opens up a few more spots for you, I always enjoy your posts.

Sincerely your friend who watches shark week on the discovery channel

Dogodog

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, dogodog said:

did you take the rest of the money and invest in a shark cage?

Thanks Dogodog.. unfortunately there was no 'rest of the money'.. I sold the GPX for the price of a Deus.. I took a bit of a hit so the shark cage will have to wait.. The sharks are not too bad although the next island up from us is a tiger shark breeding ground.. not to mention the salt water crocks.. but they're all part of the show and it's amazing what you get used to.. And you're dead right about more spots opening up.. I've gone back to tanks instead of the hookah idea and was looking for a good scuba detector.. the timing with the Deus 2 just felt right, hope it all works out.. 😁

• Like 7