Steve's Detector Rods Is Now An Official Tarsacci Dealer!

steveg

Well it took some time for the 12” to get out impart because he’s not a big company like ML.  BUT he gave us a really good coil…. To the point I think most prefer it.   I’ve hunted a local beach pretty hard so I’m going to experiment a bit and switched coils to see what if any the difference is out there.  I likely won’t be competing to much since the water was 55 degrees.  I think I’d do the same as you Steve in parks if I was coin shooting.  With iron wrap around and some foil/aluminum doing strange things at depth that would have to be learned.   Try and keep Dimitars ear man

• Like 2

On 1/24/2022 at 10:06 PM, steveg said:

Time-domain units, as I have understood (and MAY be wrong) don't deal with trash so much by trying to do so with a smaller "coil footprint," they do so by allowing you to choose different pulse delays, which make some types of metal more visible to the machine, and others more invisible.  And that is a different paradigm, as compared to VLF.  So, I wonder if a smaller coil to deal with trash, is applying the wrong paradigm to this particular technology to some degree?

Steve,

This is most interesting, and whether true or not in hard engineering speak it is a functional concept that works. The Tarsacci can be set up to see through just as you suggest. 

The stock coil seemed large at first, but after some use seems to do surprisingly well in a surprising amount of junk. Now there is a larger coil that is said to separate even better. If that is true, then a small coil is irrelevant unless sniping amongst the weeds or such.

For sniping there are better detectors. For covering ground though, see through is very helpful indeed. For what you cannot see through, there is disc, good recovery speed, and excellent separation on the Tarsacci.

As an aside, is there a thread somewhere on your rods for the Tarsacci?

Geez

Geezer -- 

I agree with everything you said, above.

As for a thread on the Tarsacci two-piece lower shafts I build, I have posted in multiple places that I'm selling them, BUT, my guess is that you are wanting details, and I'm not sure how much detail I included in these posts...

Here is one post I made with some degree of detail, over at TreasureNet on my "dealer" site there (I talked a bit about the shafts, the ability to do a "tall-man" shaft, etc.).  What I did not mention there, however, is that I can customize to reduce hydrodynamic drag even further (the smaller-diameter shaft sections I use, as compared to the stock shaft, reduce it substantially to begin with).  In other words, instead of the middle and lower shafts being roughly equal in length, I can build them with shorter middle sections, and longer lower rods -- effectively resulting in even more of the shaft being at the smaller "lower rod" diameter. 

Anyway, it's too much to talk about succinctly, and many aren't interested in my long-winded, detailed way of writing!  So, I try to spare folks' eyes from "glazing over!"  LOL!  BUT -- I'm happy to talk in as much detail as you may want; if you want more information, just send me a PM or email -- steve@stevesdetectorrods.com.

Just FYI -- the price on the two-piece lowers is $89 plus $10 shipping...

THANKS!

Steve

"For what you cannot see through, there is disc, good recovery speed, and excellent separation on the Tarsacci."

I see one issue with what you said....... disc.   With one notch which knocks out about 5 digits and the only other is a continuous upward disc this can be tricky depending on what you want to find. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dewcon4414 said:

With one notch which knocks out about 5 digits and the only other is a continuous upward disc this can be tricky depending on what you want to find

Setting it at +28 takes 26-30 off the top and prevents wrap around iron. Not much good stuff hits there as a general rule. Of course there is always a chance a silver dollar might hit at 26, but it is remote. Everything else with a good signal gets dug.

Disc always carries a chance of losing a good target. It is always about the percentages no matter how you choose to hunt. I hunt recent drops in well manicured ground, under the watchful eye of city workers often. I do not carry a shovel, everything is popped with a dandelion popper. No plugs, no trace of disturbance. I make up the spread by covering more ground.

Just because disc is there does not mean it must be used. This is just how I use it, and why.

In this picture this guy got solid signal with  id +10 to +14 and found ancient bronze coil bracelet at almost 1.5 meters deep (he is standing in the hole). So i think MDT8000 is made for deep target in lower trash areas by the way i still need bigger coil.

FB_IMG_1642222821217.jpg

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1

1 hour ago, anak said:

In this picture this guy got solid signal with  id +10 to +14 and found ancient bronze coil bracelet at almost 1.5 meters deep (he is standing in the hole). So i think MDT8000 is made for deep target in lower trash areas by the way i still need bigger coil.

LOL!  That's sometimes what I feel like, digging down to the deep targets that the MDT 8000 manages to see!

Steve

11 hours ago, Hamid said:

Best wishes and all the best 🙂

Interesting metal detector,  what it can do in high competitions then the results beach metal detecting. 

Hamid 

Hamid --

It is indeed a very interesting machine, and yes -- on a beach that has mineralized sand in particular, it certainly exceeds the depth performance of standard VLF units (including currently existing multi-frequency machines).

Steve

• Thanks 1

On 2/4/2022 at 9:08 AM, steveg said:

Hamid --

It is indeed a very interesting machine, and yes -- on a beach that has mineralized sand in particular, it certainly exceeds the depth performance of standard VLF units (including currently existing multi-frequency machines).

Steve

Thank you for your reply Steve. 

Good luck 🍹🍹🥇🙂

Hamid