16 hours ago, ColonelDan said:

Wow!  🤩  Great job Joe....

Thank You! Like these..

~ "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication"~ Leonardo da Vinci ~

~ Pre-determined settings serve only to get you in the ballpark. It’s up to you to pick the best seat ~

• Thanks 1

Impressive Joe.  Especially so with you being out of commission for some months.  Glad you're still with us !   Be safe out there.

I look for ways to implement your methods to improve my own results.  Of course, being in the middle of a desert, there are limits. A big take away is research / scouting which means location.

I do appreciate you taking the time to share what works for you. 

Rich -

• Like 1

8 hours ago, UtahRich said:

Impressive Joe.  Especially so with you being out of commission for some months.  Glad you're still with us !   Be safe out there.

I look for ways to implement your methods to improve my own results.  Of course, being in the middle of a desert, there are limits. A big take away is research / scouting which means location.

I do appreciate you taking the time to share what works for you. 

Rich -

Thanks Rich! Amen to being around, all taught me ..everyday is special.

I bet it is tough out in the desert! I feel for you on that, If I ever move away from the water, I probably give up detecting.

Welcome! Let it be known, pull me away from my home hunting grounds..I am, a rookie.

And this made me laugh..

Just one more good target before I go.

• Like 2

That's fantastic!!  What a haul on the class rings! 

Do you keep your finds, or sell them? 

Stay safe and happy hunting in 2022 👍

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

That's fantastic!!  What a haul on the class rings! 

Do you keep your finds, or sell them? 

Stay safe and happy hunting in 2022 👍

Thanks Cal-Cobra! The ratio of class rings to the other designs was up this year.

I send my silver in to melt, and the gold I'll bank 95%..Occasionally, I'll cash in some to justify a purchase.

1 hour ago, Againstmywill said:

Do you send it to a refinery? If so, which one do you prefer? 

I send my silver to Mid-West Refineries. I have sent gold to them and was somewhat happy with the return. Seems any place you send it in it never comes back what you planned but Mid-West  seems to be the closest to what I have figured. Last time I sent silver in they were about 20 dollars less then I had figured. I do have a couple locals also that pay 90% on the gold so anything I can do to keep the paper work out of the deal, I go with them. I found it's best if you take the stones out before recording the weight and shipping in or selling local. Don't give them anything to not pay the full melt price. And one thing I like about Mid-West.. turn around was about 2 weeks. Years ago I sent one melt package to a place in Texas, and I had good luck with them before, but the last time I used them in 2012 it took like 2 months. I've used Mid-West now for about 5 years..never a problem. 

Inked20200916_124909_LI.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 1/25/2022 at 8:59 AM, schoolofhardNox said:

I'm surprised how many people chose to get gold class rings back in the day.

When I bought my class ring in 1979, I couldn’t afford gold so I bought one in stainless steel.

The salesman pushed really hard to get me to “invest” in gold. He pointed out that if I ever was in financial trouble, I could pawn it.

”Wow!” I said. “If I’m going to be that broke, maybe I shouldn’t be buying a ring at all.”

That shut him up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5