World Class Arizona Nugget Recent Find

It's an OK nugget I guess?  Heck, he only beat my biggest nuggie by a mere 58ozt.......

• Haha 4
  • Oh my! 1

35 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

Can anyone enlarge this picture and see where the Coke Can was printed?

If you go to the Minelab page that Lunk linked in his post you can see a much higher resolution picture which you should be able to zoom in on.

Writing on can in English. There is a Hostess brand pastry in the background. It looks like the inside of a motor home to me. I would guess it was found in the good ole' U.S.A..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

If you go to the Minelab page that Lunk linked in his post you can see a much higher resolution picture which you should be able to zoom in on.

I tried it there and it wouldn't enlarge. 

So, it is in English.  I was hoping it would say where.

It is certainly possible for an AZ nugget to be that big.  Ask Kevin Hoagland.  My AZ nugget has 8 ozt/22 ozt total weight.

I know there are a few diligent AZ nugget hunters who get over 40 ozt per year but all are a couple of ozs  or less.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

I tried it there and it wouldn't enlarge. 

So, it is in English.  I was hoping it would say where.

It is certainly possible for an AZ nugget to be that big.  Ask Kevin Hoagland.  My AZ nugget has 8 ozt/22 ozt total weight.

I know there are a few diligent AZ nugget hunters who get over 40 ozt per year but all are a couple of ozs  or less.

It was a good thought to try to enlarge the writing but it’s all in English on both sides.

• Thanks 1

Well, a little bit of internet sleuth work shows the Hostess brand is owned South of the Border by the Mexicans.   It used to be American until the Mexicans bought it ... https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2234822/Mexican-company-eyes-bankrupt-Hostess-Brands-Twinkies-loyalists-snatch-sweet-confections-shelves-frenzy.html

The Cherry coke can has metric measurements on it which are used in South America.  Remember the USA is among only 3 countries in the world to use the imperial measurement system, with the others being Myanmar and Liberia.

inbound2162048239899799818.thumb.png.ad3e9d27b290d521f738f41fb9a51307.png

This is the gold finders can.....

And I believe with some minimal research this is the can type of that design that was sold in the USA

214607294.jpeg.3f81e4e1b5b19df1cc59580ed2855645.jpeg

It's looking a bit iffy to me, unless of course he transported his drink with him in his motor home from South America somewhere.  So we know it was found in 2020, not 2021 due to the date it was published on the Minelab site, and we can't be sure what country it was found in 🙂

It certainly does look like the window of an older motor home / caravan.

1661964221_inboundfullsize.thumb.png.255b58cc4157b1efaa1ba43570a49ce3.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Oh my! 1

Some of our cans show metric too, this is what I'm drinking now.

image.png.6dc8df6895e3e25ac72dab400daf61b5.png

I love the the sleuthing though. 😀 

Another possibility is that it's actually an American prospector who went South to Mexico and didn't want to draw attention to where it came from. Cartels, gold rushes, etc. Then took the pic at their RV back home in the US. 

When I was making Youtube vids still, I got an invite to Mexico (sadly I couldn't take it) to a place that was producing some crazy large nuggets that looked very similar. In fact at first I thought they might actually have been in AZ.

Some AZ gold bears similar characteristics to Mexican nuggets. It does look like it could have come from a few districts in either place to me. But interesting mystery either way! 

• Like 6