World Class Arizona Nugget Recent Find

Thanks for clearing that up....now can you tell us anything about that Cherry coke...I'm still a bit confused about where it was made or came from...

strick 

• Haha 1

Bud Guthrie's quartz specmen "Fred" was the topic of the "Treasure" magazine article entitled "$75,000 Rock Found." My personal estimate was that the actual gold content was 25 to 30 ounces. Also, don't forget Terry Bone's 27 ouncer, and also Kevin Hoagland's 27 ouncer. Sadly I haven't joined Pounder Club yet.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Proof of provenance is important here. What if there was another recent contender for #1 which does have proof? 🙂 🤐

Not just for history, but for valuation too.

Call me jaded but I’m always initially suspect of grand claims unless there’s ample proof, or multiple trusted sources. There’s too much incentive for people to lie about a find to garner attention or raise the value because of the location or size. I’m not saying this is the case here, but I’m always skeptical. As an example I think back to that find in the late 2000s purported to be a massive nugget from California that ended up coming from Australia, it’d had already been auctioned off and it was a big mess.

• Like 1

Rob,

You are right.  I think I bought a used NF coil from you before I found my big nugget (only 8oz gold).  Others much larger than mine have been found in that area also and I know a couple of guys on this forum that don't tell what they find on a yearly basis.  

I like to find and tell but that is not everyones style for nuggets or meteorites.

Mitchel

• Like 3

Also, let's remember there are ten people for every one on this forum, who are out there doing their research, putting in the effort in the field and finding amazing gold…and they don't feel the need to say a thing. I don't blame them.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, flakmagnet said:

Also, let's remember there are ten people for every one on this forum, who are out there doing their research, putting in the effort in the field and finding amazing gold…and they don't feel the need to say a thing. I don't blame them.

I certainly don’t say anything, it’s the easiest way to get a bunch of people on the patch you worked so hard to find.

• Like 3

Yes it's important to know where it was found as that could help with the value at the time of the sale.

Another part of the story that some of us are missing and Rob brought it up as well:  This is incredible monster find is pretty recent and that is amazing to me.  Just goes to show, there are big one still out there.

Remember, 2 yrs ago this (see attached pics) monster specimen was recovered in AZ by one of my customers using an SDC-2300.  38 ozt is the total weight of the specimen and it has over a pound of gold.  Yes there are some big gold chunks still out there and more to come.

Happy Hunting.

RPB.jpg

RPC.jpg

• Like 7

Gerry:  That is a wonderful specimen in the above picture.  Congratulations to your customer.  I am interested in the quartz or host material.  There does not appear to be any iron staining.  Was this  sample cleaned of iron staining or is this essentially its character as found (minus the dirt)?  I am also curious about the quartz host rock (assuming that it is quartz) that hosts the gold.  In the picture it appears to be opaque white.  Is that a correct assumption.  And if so, does this quartz qualify for what is commonly called "bull quartz"?  Just curious. Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1