Howdy From The High Country In Colorado

opalboy

Hello, I'm up in Summit and Grand counties. There's gold up here they say! I've done some md but I will have a lot to learn, I have a whites XLT, but I just ordered an XP deus 2!

should be fun! 

Dave

• Like 2

Welcome, Dave!  Summit County for sure, with over 1,000,000 ounces mined prior to 1960, almost 3/4 of that placer (see p. 116 of https://pubs.er.usgs.gov/publication/pp610).  Hope you can find some unclaimed federal land (or private property with permission) to try your skills at gold detecting with that new detector, once the snow melts.

• Like 1

Welcome from East Texas.

Dave,

Welcome to the forum and I would enjoy hearing about some of your finds from that area.

You have plenty of places to find some nice nuggets around you along with some old areas to detect.

Good luck and please share some of your finds when you get a chance.

We have lots of snow right now! But I have a friend that owns a lot of dredge piles, we shall see how it works!

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome Dave,

Hope you enjoy the forum! And I've heard detecting and mining in Colorado can be tough, due to all the restrictions! Maybe sometime you can explain that a little to us uninformed! Good luck!!🍀👍👍