It's weird. I've been hunting NH/Maine beaches for for 25 years. Dry sand, wet sand, rocks. I never see bobby pins. I've owned many VLFs and one PI and often dig everything. Corroded sparkler wires occasionally but no bobby pins. It must have to do with hair fashions and different locales. We have no shortage of lobster trap pieces though, in every size imaginable.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Badger-NH said:

It's weird. I've been hunting NH/Maine beaches for for 25 years. Dry sand, wet sand, rocks. I never see bobby pins. I've owned many VLFs and one PI and often dig everything. Corroded sparkler wires occasionally but no bobby pins. It must have to do with hair fashions and different locales. We have no shortage of lobster trap pieces though, in every size imaginable.

I'm a lot happier digging bobby pins now instead of having your lobster trap piece problem. We have them here too, but not as many as you probably have. Boy those lobster pieces sure do sound good and usually are deep. Remind again to me never to hunt your beaches 😄

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Badger-NH said:

I've been hunting NH/Maine beaches for for 25 years. rocks.

Hats of to you! I would imagine you guys get excited at see rocks?

We have rocky beaches (in the water)  the northern part of the bay, a little over a hours drive. Been there once, never again.

A lot of the rocks on our beaches are hot and give off a signal, usually they are in the iron range on the Equinox. One reason I was interested in the AQ is that I was hoping it might be able to see through these rocks a little better than a VLF. There are plenty more gold and silver targets hiding in the rocks but they are being masked by the mineralization.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2022 at 1:42 PM, Badger-NH said:

My only interest is watching the drama as it silently unfolds. I don't care about the AQ anymore. It has proven itself a flop. They need to start over, scrap the target ID idea and just make an awesome PI.

And while they're at it, make a new CZ machine for the beach.

I don't agree with this--the AQ might have a a few opening night jitters but overall it does as advertised and has TDI Pro level  depth while doing so.  Huge potential. 

Also, initially, pins where the number one problem target with the AQ but as I've trained  my ear I can hear the weakness and non-centered character of the tone.  This is the level of hearing (and not over tuning) that's needed with a pulse of this caliber in order not  to dig caps and iron.  

cjc

• Like 1