Greetings From Central Florida

Gary Daytona

Hi all, just a quick introduction, I’m Gary and I have been detecting mostly in Florida just north of the Treasure coast since the 70s, mostly beach because of convenience, but also love just about any other kind of treasure hunting and detecting, including relic hunting, old homesteads, yards, parks, and bottle digging. Even done a little prospecting a few times when opportunity knocked.  I’ve owned more detectors over the years than I can count from most all the manufacturers over the years, but don’t collect them, I’ll use them and move on.  I currently have only 5 - Minelab Equinox, Troy X3, 2 Tarsacci’s and an Aquasound (not counting my two wall hangers - my first detectors, a Whites Goldmaster and a Garrett BFO). Happy Hunting!

• Like 5

Welcome, Gary!  Sounds like you have a lot of experience and knowledge.  I look forward to you sharing those (and I just saw one post where you've started).  "Treasure Coast," "since the 70's," I'm already getting excited anticipating stories you can tell.

• Like 2

Welcome from East Texas.

Welcome to the best forum on the net, and I know with your knowledge and experience that some of us would learn a thing or 2 from you.

Please share some of your finds along with your pictures of the hunt so that we all can see your area.

Good luck and happy hunting.

• Like 1

Welcome Gary,

Sounds like your near my "recently moved to" neck of the woods!! I'm in Melbourne! 

Glad you found the forum! And hope to see you around, after I get some of my new "honey do" list completed! 👍👍

• Like 1