Anything I Can Do To Help With Recovery Speed?

I have a White's MX7, and I mostly hunt an 1860's farm house...I have found coins from 2000 to 1940, nothing older than that... There are tons of iron objects all over the place, I have read maybe faster recovery speed might help in a situation like this, I also know the MX7 has no recovery speed setting. Are there any settings I could use that would help in recovery speed, or finding older coins under all the iron? 

Without adjustable recovery speed, you got what you got.  Since you are really not going for depth in thick iron, you can try a smaller coil footprint to reduce the number of targets under the coil at any one time and you can lower sensitivity to reduce the detection “footprint” of ferrous targets (keeps them from overloading the machine with their typical high amplitude return signal) to see if non-ferrous pops out of the muck.  Without recovery speed adjustment or multiple selectable single frequencies (not just frequency shift), your options are really limited.  Right tool for the job…. I can make alternate machine recommendations if you are interested in that.

• Like 5

What Chase said & scan slower & methodical.

• Like 3

Thanks.... well, I use the White's 6 shooter most of the time, and have sensitivity at 3-4...I'm on a fixed income so another detector is out of the question.

I mostly go slow...sometimes I can pick up three targets in a foot or less...I've probably taken a few hundred pounds of iron out of the ground, and there is still a ton....horse shoes, nails, pipe, tractor parts, you name it. 

• Like 3

Keep Diggin'It!

• Like 3