Hunting The Tarsacci Submerged

Dancer

After weeks of heavily sanded in beaches , cold weather, rough water , everything turned around for a few days. 3 of us hunting together or more often apart, each have scored a gold ring, coins and junk jewelry.    Of course the targets sing out when a patch of hard pack is exposed.   But the back breaker is when you hear a whisper of a signal in soft sand. Numbers jumping around in the plus side. Today I had 5 such signals.   So your fighting swells, target buried three scoops, holes filling in.  It can be a work out. So out of these 5 killers, 2 quarters, 2 pennies and 1 disgusting rusty crown cap.    Right now I'm sticking with the Standard coi!.     Just handles better in swirling water, and I believe pinpoints a tad better.   As far as depth , it got all I can stand.    Now of course conditions change everyday, causing coil changes, settings, where to hunt.     So I remember always feeling I'm being out gunned, not anymore.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Dancer,

Nope, you are certainly not outgunned!  Congrats on the gold and the coins; here's hoping for some more favorable conditions!

Steve

• Like 1

It can be a bear out there especially with a deep machine making you dig deep holes.  Throw in some waves and ya got a party.  

side note …. Steve, I heard you became a dealer?   If so great.  I know we had a bit of a discussion about you and Dimitars dealings.  Hey still love this lower shaft you did.  I’ve gotten NO coil twist since… locks are great.

• Like 1

Dew --

Yes, sir -- I have become a dealer!  I didn't say anything on Tom's forum, out of respect -- as I believe he is still a dealer, and do NOT want to step on any toes!  But yes, I've become a dealer!

And I am SO glad to hear about your thoughts on the cam locks.  I know we talked alot about that, and it was you -- in part -- that convinced me to include the option for "button holes" on my Equinox shafts, WAY back when I was designing them.  So our discussions on the need for the spring button/button holes has continued for years.  In light of that, I'm so glad that you were willing to "give it a try" (shaft without button holes) with your Tarsacci shaft, and THRILLED to hear that it's working out well for you!

Steve

• Like 1

Gulf settled, partly cloudy. Slipped  into a slot between shore and sand bar.   Everything was about waist deep along shore nice hunting.   Some  junk , nice , looks to be stainless ring.  40 coins for $4.02.    10 of them nickels.   Hunted 4 hrs. In AM.

No gold but the most fun I've had this yr.   One thing I can get well over 12 hrs on a battery charge but to be safe I switch them after 3 bars are used.

IMG_20220205_152429.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Well done! I agree with you on the Beast coil, it’s so deep on the beach that digging those ‘whispers’ will tear up my back after a half dozen of them. Something always there, but it’s so deep that it’s an effort to go 14-18” or beyond in that wet sand to find non-ferrous junk. I’m sticking with the standard coil for now too, it does just fine. BTW, I used the Tarsacci in the Florida Hunt 8 over the weekend, and it really purred like a kitten once I dialed it in. I didn’t touch the settings all day and it found quite a few deep targets left behind after a few years of hunting the property. Tarsacci is going to be my go-to rig for now, my Nox stayed in the car.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gary Daytona said:

Well done! I agree with you on the Beast coil, it’s so deep on the beach that digging those ‘whispers’ will tear up my back after a half dozen of them. Something always there, but it’s so deep that it’s an effort to go 14-18” or beyond in that wet sand to find non-ferrous junk. I’m sticking with the standard coil for now too, it does just fine. BTW, I used the Tarsacci in the Florida Hunt 8 over the weekend, and it really purred like a kitten once I dialed it in. I didn’t touch the settings all day and it found quite a few deep targets left behind after a few years of hunting the property. Tarsacci is going to be my go-to rig for now, my Nox stayed in the car.

Yep, what used to be my #1 water machine for 10 years can't get off the bench.

Hi Dancer  

With the stock coil did you get the coil cover? Most of my hunting is on dry land with rocks and other unseen objects that can do a coil harm . I always get a cover for every coil I get and I do believe that’s a good thing.

I’ve been reading what you had to say and it’s all been good on the stock coil. For that reason I’m going to order one from Steve.

Steve you may not know this but the best salesman you got is a guy like Dancer in field coming back with that show and tell.

Thanks Dancer for your show and tell.

Chuck 

• Like 1