Looking For Some Wisdom

Zincoln

10 hours ago, GotAU? said:

Thats a cool find though! Curious, how much was the analysis for you?

GotAU - It was free, but I brought in scrap gold to get an appt.   He was pretty busy.  The only other place I found w/ the equipment charged $15 unless it was accompanied by a transaction.

Didn't find a coin shop or pawn shop with equipment...even a rather large chain which was surprising. 

• Like 1

Isn't native silver pretty unusual?  Could that specimen have collector value (well above it's bullion content)?

6 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Isn't native silver pretty unusual?  Could that specimen have collector value (well above it's bullion content)?

I wondered the same thing.  Again, I have no real knowledge in this area, but I didn't think it was common to be able to extract gram sized 'silver nuggets' from ore.  This looks like some of the traditional gold veins running through quartz that we all know, but instead its silver.  

I've seen ore from Alaska with a fair amount of visible silver running in veins, but I also thought you typically had to pull it from ore that also often was a compound with large volumes of lead, gold, or other minerals.  The two pieces I extracted that we tested had <1% of lead mixed w/ the sample.  Sadly, it doesn't present as very eye catching....just a rather dull rock with oxidized silver.  I suppose I could attempt to eliminate the rock strata and leave behind a silver web.

• Like 4