Jump to content

Deus 2 Black Sand Beach Video


Recommended Posts

Toddy detects and grids a small Mediterranean volcanic/black sand beach with his new Deus 2.

He has trouble ground balancing.......maybe he does not know how to use the Magnetic Ground-Beach part of the ground balance menu????

He uses Beach and Beach Sensitive anyway. There is some falsing during wave action and at the ends of swings that aren't level....but no real issues. Seems to work just fine.

Extremely long, boring, lots of broken up signals on steel core European Union coins and a stainless steel ring from the wash at the end. He does switch to the external speaker after about 5 minutes.

I speak English with a North Georgia accent and I'm Scotch Irish. Todd speaks English too but holy cow.......his Scotch English accent is off the charts.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


8 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Extremely long, boring, lots of broken up signals on steel core European Union coins and a stainless steel ring from the wash

Great find Jeff, a bit boring but some tells.....

Wow, that is crappy Black Sand!

Another person holding the coil off the sand? His style? Or necessary function?  I DO NOT like holding my coil off the sand. 

Overall very quiet and I actaully might have hunted higher sensitivity.  I was impressed there was no falsing with the black sand and moving water coming past the coil. A real problem with the Equinox where I am right now, but my black sand granules are larger. 

Lost a few targets in the hole once loose. However I would expect this with the heavy minerals he was working in. 

The Deus2 has tracking GB, does it not???  Still waiting for someone to engage this at the beach......may solve some issues. Asked Calabash the other day and did not get a response. 

KEEP THEM COMING!!!  

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

I’ve used tracking twice along Cocoa Beach  Florida and it works fine.  The mineralization there is very uniform so tracking is a good option. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ColonelDan said:

I’ve used tracking twice along Cocoa Beach  Florida and it works fine.  The mineralization there is very uniform so tracking is a good option. 

Actually in theory, tracking GB will work better if the mineralization changes rather than stays the same.  

As where I hunt and have 50' X 50' patches of black sand that change the ground Balance often. That is the reason to "track it"  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, midalake said:

Actually in theory, tracking GB will work better if the mineralization changes rather than stays the same.  

As where I hunt and have 50' X 50' patches of black sand that change the ground Balance often. That is the reason to "track it"  

When I say “uniform”, it does change very slowly and only a little at a time….uniformly throughout the area.  There are no major or erratic deviations in the level of mineralization so tracking works very well…and I like it. 😉

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, ColonelDan said:

When I say “uniform”, it does change very slowly and only a little at a time….uniformly throughout the area.  There are no major or erratic deviations in the level of mineralization so tracking works very well…and I like it. 😉

We did our testing in both manual GB and tracking. At the end all tracking GB. Did not notice much difference, but did not spend enough time at the beach to notice any subtle changes.

Not sure what mode Deus recommends at the beach. It is clear the Minelab's recommendation to use Tracking GB is correct. I suspect so for the Deus 2 as well.    

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Slightly off topic but I would urge every beech hunter to fill their holes.

I can't imagine the vet bill and distress if my dog was running down that beach and broke her leg in one of those holes.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I noticed a lot of Youtubers don't always fill their holes and some fill them off camera, but I was at the beach last week and saw 2 guys detecting as fast as they could go and didn't fill a single hole. So I just plodded along behind them filling their holes and getting the targets they missed. Sorry back on topic... XP Deus II on the beach... yeah!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...