First Impressions Of The Deus II

I checked all the target ID numbers of all the coins on this list, they're spot on in General Mode but in program 11 Beach they can vary slightly (especially a three-pence which rings in at 90) but never enough so you can't tell what it is.. The old silvers ring up loud and sharp in their ranges..   

PSX_20220128_131314.jpg

That's what has worried me, I'm a Target ID kinda guy, and their screen design is terrible.  They're so used to the bad ID's of the Deus 1 they've retained the way of thinking that the target ID's are not important with the Deus 2, I'd rather the other less necessary stuff show on the screen occasionally and the Target ID be there most of the time, you know like virtually every other detector.  I guess a lot of people just hunt by ear, especially Deus 1 users and the way the remotes work on the Deus you don't even need the control pod so hunting by ear is what they expect people to do.  Rightly or wrongly I love Target ID's, so it's a shame even though they've improved them they're still not focused on letting you see them 😉  Target ID's have been very good to me.

Thanks for your honest opinion so far. 

On your coral sand beaches you're going to get good depth with either detector and I suspect both will give similar depth until you put the big coil on the Nox then the Nox will likely take the lead by a little bit.  I think if there are any depth gains with the Deus it would be if it handled a difficult type of ground better than the Equinox does, not in your very nice coral sand.

It's good to see general everyday users starting to voice their opinions in their ground to build a bigger picture of how it performs overall.

Hopefully you're more impressed with it under water to justify the spend and parting with your GPX.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I suspect both will give similar depth until you put the big coil on the Nox then the Nox will likely take the lead by a little bit.

I did try with some small gold rings and small silver coins.. I had the 15'' Coiltek with me to test how much deeper it could punch.. it took the lead by a lot.. 😁

• Like 3

Thanks for sharing the update and I will be watching for the underwater testing that you are going to do.

I hope that it works out for you and finds you some good items.

Good hunting and good luck.

• Like 2

I've just unboxed the Deus II WS6 MASTER.. It works.. It'll be a good back-up when the control box fails.. 😬 

6 hours ago, Erik Oostra said:

To be honest my first impression when I took the Deus II out of the box wasn’t good.. It looks like a kid’s toy.. 

I'm fairly sure this is an accurate statement regarding all metal detectors just sayin...

strick

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Erik Oostra said:

Does it remember your settings?

You haven't gotten answers from owners (or Chase...) so I'll answer from what I've read.  "No."  The 12 stock modes can be changed during a hunt but once you turn it off, they revert to default.  However, there are 12 user memory slots/modes which you can initialize with a stock program, make your changes (you may have to push a 'save' button -- don't remember) and those will be kept in memory whether or not you turn the detector off.

7 hours ago, Erik Oostra said:

...Guess I’ll have to read the manual.

You have to guess???????  :laugh:

Rule #1:  When in doubt, read the manual.

Rule #2:  Even with no doubt, read the manual!

Rule #3:  Skip Rule #1 and proceed to Rule #2.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Deus II - First test dive on an old shipwreck at around 4 meters.. 

• Like 6