First Impressions Of The Deus II

I've been watching these discussions for a while, and it occurred to me that at some stage it gets pointless and expensive for a company to keep tweaking a product. If they made the perfect cell phone, why the heck would you buy the new one unless you broke yours? The industry would crash.

I think the point is coming soon that you are gonna get what you're gonna get. I'm eventually going to get a Deus 2 or 2.5 SE, but by then I hope the price isn't too high from constant retooling and re-engineering. Some of us out here are retired, or in some other way financially challenged. 

• Like 2

Erik, I sure hope the bone phones can help your hearing situation. The good thing about the Deus 1, Deus 2 and the Equinox 800 is you can lower and raise the pitches to suit your hearing ability since you have some hearing loss. I know on the Equinox that some of the lower tones will make the handle vibrate more than the higher ones. The same may happen for you with the bone phones.....so just using the default tone setups may not be your best option. Maybe you would do better with just two tones like a really low ferrous and a somewhat higher non-ferrous when you get the Deus 2 bone phones.

Good luck.

• Thanks 1

You may have tried this, but have you fiddled with the Equalizer function on the tones (Page 26 in the manual) to see if you can get more out of the low end or low mid tones? That might give you the vibration effect at higher sound levels.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

I know on the Equinox that some of the lower tones will make the handle vibrate more than the higher ones. The same may happen for you with the bone phones.....so just using the default tone setups may not be your best option. Maybe you would do better with just two tones like a really low ferrous and a somewhat higher non-ferrous when you get the Deus 2 bone phones.

Thanks Jeff.. I thought the same about the vibrations of the bone phones, I hope it works the same way.. I did try the lower tones in two tones and various amplifications etc. on land, but to hear these lower tones underwater I'll need the latest wiz-bang headphones.. With the Deus II there's also no vibration through the shaft from the speaker in the lower tones, yet alone anything higher..   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

You may have tried this, but have you fiddled with the Equalizer function on the tones (Page 26 in the manual) to see if you can get more out of the low end or low mid tones? That might give you the vibration effect at higher sound levels.

Equalizer doesn’t work on the Remote Control Speaker per the manual.  Bone phones are the best bet for Erik.

• Like 3

I just nicked this from Steve on Chase's excellent thread.. I had to laugh.. Yes please! 

Screenshot 2022-02-02 12.50.55 PM.png

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Erik Oostra said:

I just nicked this from Steve on Chase's excellent thread.. I had to laugh.. Yes please! 

Screenshot 2022-02-02 12.50.55 PM.png

It would be very easy for them to make the large TID an optional feature where one could toggle between the default display that's already in play and the one that Steve shared.    Cell phones have had "accessibility" options like this for a decade.

• Like 2

On 2/2/2022 at 5:07 AM, phrunt said:

I'm puzzled by the coil antenna thing for water use, it's an odd quirk when they could have just added a cable option for water use

A thick coil cable with a solid connection (like on the Equinox) is less likely to get tangled up in seaweed than a curly thin antenna wire.. and when you do get crap tangled around your coil it's easy to shake off with a cable, the Deus II antenna assembly rips off at the coil end.. and when something gets caught on top it rips off at the control box..  

I can say Just a couple things on this machine.

Unluckily the time I had to understand settings and manage to use It well, was too short...

I found almost all of the programs plenty of tons options and being a diver, I'd maybe never use a third of what this detector can do in other locations.

For sure, maybe for the first time, I enjoyed on the Deus2 the freedom to fine tune the machine like I wanted for.

After 8 years with a Ctx I still can't find a way to be sure of the famous full spectrum at work.

If I remove the seawater filter in the water Is crazy noisy unless detuning sensitivity, If I set a manual noise cancel channel higher to the 10/11 I see minimum difference on the tiny objects conduct.

The depth Is stupidly low under sens 20 and way too noisy over 24. Auto+3 doesn't change so much.

Silent? Blind....

The 6" coil seems to be the only way to open an opportunity window, but useful only when the ground zero Is open for service.

The ground balance Is a blind operations among the auto and the manual, without ground phase shown, without to know what the hell it happens after doing It causing even more false signals.

So...I mentioned a Minelab masterpiece for the Age, before the Nox went, steep price stable even today..For what?

Today I don't give a dam if a shaft I don't like Is bad, if a cable on It Is worst than usual coil cables and even don't think about a flying remote.

I still think about half of the price on the Xp compared with ML and the fact that big gold disappeared a lot in a decade.

So new tools with high frequency, possibly usable underwater are a gamechanger on thin gold.

I'm sure there's tons of tiny invisible targets in my usual hunted gulf.

I had proof the last summer, only when on a rock covered bottom I found two bracelets where million of times I've been without a signal.

Old stuff, not fresh drops.

I'm not the best in the area, I'm not so lucky to hunt at the right time cause I'm forced to work partially and the Sea doesn't wait...

No instrument had been able to hear an open chuncky piece and a thin Ricci One...

Clearly, I found It only cause of less sand than ever.

Even a Child snorkeling and playing with rocks can do It...

So I want to go downthere and find what's uncovered by others (included me)...

At a certain point, I can trade some defects, but no way I'd be unhappy if the tool works like i want It.

My 252 cents....🥲

• Like 2