First Impressions Of The Deus II

I was a little surprised to see them also when I got mine, I was thinking the ones I made were heavier duty. I do like the fact the Deus BP's are doubles, but If you wear glasses you do have to do some adjusting.

SNAG-0008.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, phrunt said:

they work by tiny vibrations on your cheek bones not by the sort of vibrations you're expecting, not like a vibrating pin pointer 🙂

I'm comparing them to hearing aids applying the same principle, with these bone-phones there's no vibration at all, at least that I can feel.. 😁 I also can't hear them on the cheek bone, I need to wear them nearly in the ear.. In wild and woolly beach conditions I'll probably wear them on the ears, and underwater half-on.. I'm trying them out on full volume and the lowest possible tones.. So far they work as normal cheap headphones, although for the price (AU$ 150 + $9 postage) I expected the singing and dancing, bells and whistles variety (like XP promised in the brochure).. 😬   

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, wltdwiz said:

did you select the bonephone phones in the start menu they should be really loud

yes

• Like 1

6 hours ago, phrunt said:

They look to have a long cord, it's a shame they didn't make it that retractable style where it stretches out when it needs to which sand might be a problem with I guess, or a curly type cable.

Yeah, it's a long stiff plastic lead - 1.8 metres long.. I've got it tried down coiled up at the back of the hand rest to keep it out the way.. I can see it getting tangled up in my regulator hoses when diving but being able to hear them at all makes it worth it.. still, XP could have gone about the whole lead thing a bit better.. a short curly rubber lead would be a huge improvement.. 😃    

14 hours ago, Rick N. MI said:

Interesting videos. Would be easier with a sand scoop. You did get it though. Was that a silver ring?

Thanks, yeah a scoop would be handy there (i do have one), but it was hard enough testing two detectors whilst filming without having another thing to worry about.. I kept looking at the camera to see if it was still filming, dealing with the constant interference from the other detector and kept losing the target.. normally the whole recovery procedure runs a whole lot smoother.. however, you can clearly see why I don't wear wired headphones for my style of hunting.. 😃 yes, it's a little silver ring.. 

1 hour ago, Erik Oostra said:

yeah it's a long stiff plastic lead - 1.8 metres long.. I've got it tried down coiled up at the back of the hand rest to keep it out the way.. I can see it getting tangled up in my regulator hoses and bcd inflator when diving but being able to hear them at all makes it worth it.. still, XP could have gone about the whole lead thing a bit better.. a short curly rubber lead would be a huge improvement.. 😃    

Are you using the bone phones with Square tone audio?  They may not work well with PWM audio. Also try lowering the Reactivity a bit to lengthen the square tones along with increasing Audio Response. Try the on the bones right in front of your ears.

On 2/6/2022 at 8:11 PM, Jeff McClendon said:

Are you using the bone phones with Square tone audio?  They may not work well with PWM audio. Also try lowering the Reactivity a bit to lengthen the square tones along with increasing Audio Response.

Jeff, good point but per the manual, I think Square Wave is your only audio choice for the bones, so it should be automatically selected.  

I have included the relevant page below.  Note the inset note at the center of the page that talks about emphasizing the lower frequencies (presumably using the Equilizer ?) to enhance the vibration sensation you desire.  Good luck.

1290051507_SmartSelect_20220206-231627_AdobeAcrobat.thumb.jpg.8319b70a836f43b3f710a3fbbaa20ccc.jpg

On 2/6/2022 at 8:25 PM, Chase Goldman said:

Jeff, good point but per the manual, I think Square Wave is your only audio choice for the bones, so it should be automatically selected.  

I have included the relevant page below.  Note the inset note at the center of the page that talks about emphasizing the lower frequencies (presumably using the Equilizer ?) to enhance the vibration sensation you desire.  Good luck.

So when the bone phones are selected as the audio output choice on the display, all subsequent program choices whether beach programs or turf programs will automatically switch to square audio? I thought that the only program that was square audio only was Diving.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Are you using the bone phones with Square tone audio?  They may not work well with PWM audio. Also try lowering the Reactivity a bit to lengthen the square tones along with increasing Audio Response. Try the on the bones right in front of your ears.

done..