First Impressions Of The Deus II

It's a little island too, doesn't take long to zip around it in a moke 🙂

I took a Jetski around it, didn't take all that long, I can't even remember how long as it was a while ago now, I guess a couple of hours with breaks for a swim and plenty of looking around.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/2/2022 at 5:23 PM, Skullgolddiver said:

So new tools with high frequency, possibly usable underwater are a gamechanger on thin gold.

I just read this on another thread (Deus 2 May Be First Multi Freq Multi Freq Detector....) where PimentoUK talks about the frequencies at play in programs 10 (Diving), 11 (Beach) and 12 (Beach Sensitive).. Thanks PimentoUK.. 

P12 : Beach; all run at 8.08 kHz & 40.4 kHz, a 1:5 ratio.

P11 : Beach; all run 8.08 kHz & 24.24 kHz, a 1:3 ratio.

P10 : Dive; both run 4.76 kHz & 14.3 Khz, a 1:3 ratio ( not unlike the Fisher CZ range, but a different waveform shape )

It looks like P6 / P10 run a three-level waveform to reduce power consumption, obviously important for a coil with a small internal battery.

How they process the freqs is of course the important bit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Erik Oostra said:

24.24 kHz

That's exactly the "wall" where I hit my head in saltwater now.

Once I tried to go further, the noise to signal ratio increased way too much unless detuning sens.....Useless.

I'm just curious to check in mono the maximum "crash point" tailored in frequency, sensitivity, reactivity and... whatever it takes to pull out what remains downthere with subtle whispers.

1 hour ago, Skullgolddiver said:

I'm just curious to check in mono the maximum "crash point" tailored in frequency, sensitivity, reactivity and... whatever it takes to pull out what remains downthere with subtle whispers.

I couldn't find any other information on the frequencies used in these programs, yet alone the ratios.. So PimentoUK's post caught my interest.. But I'm not too worried about frequencies, I'm all about stability.. and the Deus II with its salt sensitivity settings and processing ability to filter out salt signals keeps it running pretty smooth.. Sure, it's just as 'crackly' underwater as the Equinox (I think of it as squelch) but the target signal stands out much better from the background.. It's not necessary to hunt the 'subtle whispers'..  

For me, the Deus II already preforms its magic as a scuba-detector without having to find an even 'better' sweet-spot..   

• Like 1

On 2/10/2022 at 4:51 PM, Erik Oostra said:

And there's also a happy ending to me selling the GPX 5000

I want to sell him one of my detectors!  haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

After only two months of use (using sound only) my dodgy non-vibrating bone-phones have packed it in.. They never vibrated and last week they stopped making any sound.. I've sent them off for a replacement and should have them back next week as it turns out the XP service centre for Australia is here in Queensland.. Hopefully the replacement vibrates like it's supposed to.. The people at Detect-Ed and XP were very helpful..    

• Like 6
  • Oh my! 2