First Impressions Of The Deus II

Can anyone hear the Deus II in the last video? or any of the others?.. It's on full volume in 3 tones.. The camera's sound recorder can't hear it either (or maybe I can't hear it when playing back the video).. 😬 I can hear myself breathing.. 

5 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Just a few.. but you get the point, the Nox is fully capable of finding the same "Micro gold" as the Deus ll. As far as how deep these were..

I've found lots of stuff like that on the beach with Equinox also, but not usually in wet salt sand or wash where the salinity variations force you into beach 2 with tracking GB to maintain stability.  One of the reasons beach 2 on the Nox is more stable in the wash and with black sand is because it is running with reduced transmit power from the get go as compared to Beach 1 or any other mode.  This can be further compounded by additional transmit power reductions if the nox goes into black sand overload mode.   So even at the same sensitivity settings as beach 1 and with both Beach 1 and Beach 2 running stable,, Beach 2 is at a disadvantage.  This will also affect sensitivity to the small stuff.  If your friend is finding these types of targets using beach 2 in wet salt sand, in the wash, or submerged, that's super impressive.  I can run Equinox stable in gold mode and find ball point pen tips and earring backs in dry sand on the beach all day long (if they're there), take it into the salt water surf wash in tracking GB in beach 2, and that is going to be a different story.  So where on the beach he found these targets and whether he was in beach 2 and whether the GB setting is in tracking is relevant to the entire line of discussion here.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

So Skullgolddiver, using Beach Sensitive for diving would mean you would have to really tweak the Salt Sensitivity setting and that might knock out some sensitivity to small gold jewelry, small platinum jewelry and small steel jewelry or smaller targets that are poorly oriented or damaged as referenced in this section of the manual on Salt Sensitivity where low conductors are actually mentioned:

" When using higher levels of SALT SENS, low conductive targets that register around TID 30 may also be slightly attenuated, this setting will not effect higher conductive targets."  

Using higher levels of Bottle Cap Reject may also effect small non-ferrous low conductors.

Reading only now, so Sorry for late reply...

Honestly I can't say anything until I don't check personally the beach sens. program for my purpose...

And I think maybe the opposite thing on salt sens...

I mean, how can raising up the salt sens. detune the machine to low conductive items?

Is It a reverse filter or what?

I suppose this happen when someone set It near 1 or 2...

🤭

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Skullgolddiver said:

Reading only now, so Sorry for late reply...

Honestly I can't say anything until I don't check personally the beach sens. program for my purpose...

And I think maybe the opposite thing on salt sens...

I mean, how can raising up the salt sens. detune the machine to low conductive items?

Is It a reverse filter or what?

I suppose this happen when someone set It near 1 or 2...

🤭

Who knows what it is exactly, we’re just going by what it says in the Deus 2 manual:

“SALT SENS (Salt water sensitivity ; prg DIVING - BEACH - BEACH SENS)

In addition to the general sensitivity setting, the «SALT SENS» setting has the advantage of reducing false signals, typically linked to seawater, unlike the general sensitivity which acts on all targets and all signals. When searching wet sand or surf, always use the SALT SENS setting as a priority rather than the general sensitivity. The general sensitivity should be reserved for cases where the instabilities come from electromagnetic interference (EMI).  When using higher 
levels of SALT SENS, low conductive targets that register around TID 30 may also be slightly attenuated, this setting will not effect higher conductive targets.” (p. 18)

Note that it is saying that you attenuate low conductive targets with HIGH Salt Sensitivity settings.

• Like 1

XP priced the full Deus 1 at a premium price from day 1 of its release. Until Deus 2 is readily available, Deus 1 is the premium relic hunter for shallower relics on the planet and for its light weight. From what I have seen Deus 2 for a while anyway, will be the premium relic hunter on the planet even on deeper targets and for wet saltwater beach and for fresh and saltwater diving. To me that is worth an extra $400 over the price of Deus 1. 

As for the rest of the possible detecting scenarios on the planet.........I don't see Deus 2 as being $500 better than an Equinox 800 or $900 better than an Equinox 600 or Legend unless the light weight of Deus 2 is a necessity for some which I totally understand. However it is possible to substantially lighten the weight of an Equinox 600 for way less than $900.

• Like 5

I am liking what I see but many factors have to be taken into account.... One, I thing is the hunter.. and you have to figure many of the Nox hunters know there machine so well, it would take a game changer detector to equal or top them hunting. A few years down the road we may see the difference, My opinion ..it's going to take time.

Plus I want to thank everyone for posting everything, watching video's and reading makes my huntless winter days more fulfilling, I think.  👀

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Note that it is saying that you attenuate low conductive targets with HIGH Salt Sensitivity settings.

I'm sorry😂...

Now It makes sense.

So the higher the salt sens. level, the more falsing Is reduced🙏

• Like 3

On 2/3/2022 at 10:58 AM, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

and you have to figure many of the Nox hunters know there machine so well, it would take a game changer detector to equal or top them hunting.

or equal.. that's what I've found so far.. maybe one day I'll get as attuned to the Deus II as I am with the Equinox and I'll find out that its multi-frequency ranges and processing really make a difference on my beaches.. I use both detectors on the beach everyday, so I'm continually comparing them.. When I find a likely target with one I compare what the target ID says and what it sounds like with the other.. this is how I've been getting to know the Deus II.. 

Both detectors can find the same targets no matter how small or deep, neither one of them can find something the other one can't.. Again, this is on my beaches and yours will be different.. 😁

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Erik Oostra said:

Can anyone hear the Deus II in the last video? or any of the others?.. It's on full volume in 3 tones.. The camera's sound recorder can't hear it either (or maybe I can't hear it when playing back the video).. 😬 I can hear myself breathing.. 

You asked the question.......I could not hear anything coming from Deus ll. That doesn't mean anything other than, it can't be heard underwater which is not unusual and you need those bone phones pronto. It sucks that the audio adapter cable (if one needs it) and bone phones aren't included as an option so you don't have to order multiple times.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

you need those bone phones pronto

they should be here early next week.. 😁

• Like 2