Two-fer Day

Hard start for a new year seems company, Drs, and now COVID in the house has kept me chasing my tail.  Today I needed to get out for a couple of hours.  Didn’t feel like hunting in the water so I did something a bit different and hit a couple of volleyball courts.   Picked up these two …. Both 14k.  The earrings stone tested good.  Total weight for them were 2.3 grams.  No sunshine… but at 62 it was pretty nice out there.  Got these using 18khz cranked up in AM.   You do get a lot more EMI and jumpy screen not being in the water.  

CCC98612-F2D0-4786-A1D9-C807A9BC1A1F.jpeg

• Like 9

Even in my bad EMI sites, the Tarsacci can be stone stable & plenty deep at Sens 2 or 3 even with TH at -1 or -2.

• Like 1

I kind of get stuck on 9khz in the water and 12 otherwise.  But places like these volleyball courts where it actually fairly clean ya just never know.  I’ll have to bring a rake next time….. I’ll get a work out but who knows a chain might pop up or I could get close enough to other gold.

• Like 1

Way to go, Dew!  Excellent job!  Glad you got to experience the jumpy VDI...one of my main complaints with the unit...

Steve

On 1/30/2022 at 1:08 AM, steveg said:

Way to go, Dew!  Excellent job!  Glad you got to experience the jumpy VDI...one of my main complaints with the unit...

Steve

I hunt in AM Steve the ping and pings drive me nuts unless I’m reverse disc to locate a found target.  It does really well once you learn those bounces and what light targets may do when a little deeper.   

• Like 1

Dew,    What is your reverse disc procedure on the Tarsacci?

• 2 weeks later...

JCR….. it’s simply going from AM which I hunt in into disc.  I have disc set at -30 so there is less iron wrap around so I get a better read on deep targets.  I tried disc at 0 with a notch at 27 but it simply didn’t work as well

• Like 1