Another Over Ear Headphone That Passes The Aptx-ll Test With Flying Colors (bargain) Updated

• The title was changed to Another Over Ear Headphone That Passes The Aptx-ll Test With Flying Colors (bargain)

47 minutes ago, midalake said:

Whats the ambient DB rating on these?

They claim the "denoising" depth is 28db. I think they are quiet enough without noise cancelling.

• Like 2

How do they sound compared to the stock ML80s? After using earbuds for so long, I ran the ML80s a few days ago because of cold weather and noticed they really sound muffled to me now. I guess I got use to the pronounced mids and highs of the earbuds. Do these Falwedi phones have a clearer sound than the ML80s? I look forward to your thought after using them in the field.

26 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

How do they sound compared to the stock ML80s? After using earbuds for so long, I ran the ML80s a few days ago because of cold weather and noticed they really sound muffled to me now. I guess I got use to the pronounced mids and highs of the earbuds. Do these Falwedi phones have a clearer sound than the ML80s? I look forward to your thought after using them in the field.

Hey Cap'n, I got an Equinox 600, so I didn't get the ML-80 headphones, only the stock wired phones. Never used them.

I've used what I consider to be the excellent SoundBlaster Jam V2 on-ear headphones, TROND headphones, and the Aukey over ear headphones. For earplugs I've used Paww dualsound. 

I've read others mention that the Aukey headphones are very similar to the ML-80s but better sounding. I agree they sound great, but these have the edge, and pair much faster (not much more than a second) than any of the others. It was kinda surprising.

I'd use the V2s as they are very light and last all day (20 hour play time), but in the winter we get a lot of wind and military aircraft which make it tough. I also appreciate some situational awareness which I'm not going to get with over ear or earplugs.

However, for $39 they are definitely worth the risk. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I got the Paww Dualsound earbuds on your recommendation and love those. That's all I use until the temps drop below 35°F, then it's time for the sonic earmuffs. I'll have to give these a shot! Thanks for the tips!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

I got the Paww Dualsound earbuds on your recommendation and love those. That's all I use until the temps drop below 35°F, then it's time for the sonic earmuffs. I'll have to give these a shot! Thanks for the tips!

Thanks!

I'm always worried that I will recommend something that doesn't work out for someone, so thanks for letting me know about the Paww earbuds. 👍I like them myself but don't like putting stuff in my ears. These are good, read as many of the reviews as you can, unfortunately there is only one about the Equinox. Don't believe the baloney about not being Aptx-LL tho. Turn them on, wait for the voice prompt, and then turn the Equinox on. Initial pairing after system reset takes about 2-3 minutes. Hang them on the cuff and go make some coffee... 😀

• Like 2

9 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

How do they sound compared to the stock ML80s?

I can answer that question as my grandmother had bought a pair and then decided that she didn't like them.

I borrowed them to check them with my 800 and they paired fast, comfortable, and s good if not better than the ML80s.

So I give them a thumbs up as now I have 2 pair of headphones to use.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Update: As of today,Amazon still has a $10 off coupon (check the box) and crazy delivery today for Prime.

Thanks for reporting on these, I had purchased a pair of the PAAW Wavesound 3 noise cancelling headphones and they have worked great for 3 years but had developed a habit of getting stuck in pair mode until I drained the battery. So I was looking for a replacement. They also had a weak point of have 5 buttons on the flad end of the ear cup exposed to salt air and sometimes rain. I found a short audio cord on Amazon, ran it to the WM08 module velcroed to the headphones. Hated fighting a long cord. I used the WM08 because the PAAW phones were getting finicky in pairing to the NOX.

Anyway these are on my list next to buy and at a great price. Can’t go without active noise canceling to block the sound of crashing waves and let me focus on the tones; just my 2 zincolns.

Best regards.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, FloridaSon said:

Update: As of today,Amazon still has a $10 off coupon (check the box) and crazy delivery today for Prime.

Thanks for reporting on these, I had purchased a pair of the PAAW Wavesound 3 noise cancelling headphones and they have worked great for 3 years but had developed a habit of getting stuck in pair mode until I drained the battery. So I was looking for a replacement. They also had a weak point of have 5 buttons on the flad end of the ear cup exposed to salt air and sometimes rain. I found a short audio cord on Amazon, ran it to the WM08 module velcroed to the headphones. Hated fighting a long cord. I used the WM08 because the PAAW phones were getting finicky in pairing to the NOX.

Anyway these are on my list next to buy and at a great price. Can’t go without active noise canceling to block the sound of crashing waves and let me focus on the tones; just my 2 zincolns.

Best regards.

Yeah they won't let me get a second pair with $10 off. 🤬 🤣

Thanks for the update! If y'all can get these for $29 it's a total no contest.

There are a few buttons on the right side of these, power at the top (good placement, as you can use the headband for leverage), volume up, volume down, and at the bottom is the ANC switch. Nice because it's hard to turn on when you don't want it on. Since you're a salt hunter, maybe a pice of electrical tape over the buttons would help? Might make 'em stick tho. 🤔

I think these are the most intelligently designed headphones I've ever seen, and the price is unbelievable. 🙂 

They're a little smaller and thinner than the Aukey headphones as well. 

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Another Over Ear Headphone That Passes The Aptx-ll Test With Flying Colors (bargain) Updated