Another Over Ear Headphone That Passes The Aptx-ll Test With Flying Colors (bargain) Updated

Just tried the new phones. Paired with my Nox 600 without issue. I think they may be more comfortable than my Miccus. Did drop connection one time, but there was a lot of EMI in the area. Great deal for the price! Thanks again for the heads up!

• Like 1

It got warm today so I decided to take these headphones on a full hunt. Went to a beach on the Potomac River and used them for about 4 hours. About halfway in I remembered to turn the ANC switch on, and was really surprised by the results. I was hearing ambient noise either through the headphone mics or just what was going on around me.

After I see turned ANC on everything got much quieter except the Equinox, it took it down a notch but barely noticeable. What went away except for the high frequencies was the noise the waves made coming in. Worked well! I can't imagine these are anywhere near expensive headphones for active noise cancelling, but it sure was noticeable.

I'm kinda uncomfortable not hearing anything going on around me so it did seem strange. 🤔

• Like 3

• The title was changed to Another Over Ear Headphone That Passes The Aptx-ll Test With Flying Colors (bargain) Updated
3 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

I'm kinda uncomfortable not hearing anything going on around me

That's a good thing!

"Always mind your surroundings"

- Ra's al Ghul

• Like 1

I have to cautiously ask are you sure you are getting Low Latency performance ?

It is possible they have the chip for Low Latency, and it is not in their specs (I couldn't find it), but with that quick connection it seems like they might not have it. 

Some reviews on Amazon say they don't support it.

I will say I have hunted without Low Latency and you just need to go slower and it seems to work.  

8 minutes ago, Dug D said:

I have to cautiously ask are you sure you are getting Low Latency performance ?

It is possible they have the chip for Low Latency, and it is not in their specs (I couldn't find it), but with that quick connection it seems like they might not have it. 

Some reviews on Amazon say they don't support it.

I will say I have hunted without Low Latency and you just need to go slower and it seems to work.  

If you read my whole article, you would see where I specifically wrote that there were some uninformed reviews that said they are not Aptx-LL. They are wrong. My last photo shows the B+ connection with the Equinox. No problem! They are Aptx-LL. I may not have been entirely clear except in the title. 😀

Unbelievable value for the $$, especially if you get the $10 off coupon. 🙂 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dug D said:

I'm sorry I should have looked at the photo closer.

No worries, early on I made some mistakes, but got better at research. 🙂

Just a quick update. I used the phones on a 7 hour hunt on Saturday and they performed flawlessly. I can confirm that they connect as Low Latency speed (B+) and I tested them against my ML80s and Aptx-LL earbuds and there is no discernible difference in latency speed.

I noticed a few dropouts early on but found I had the phones on backwards with the Left Earmuff on my right side. I flipped them around and the droputs stopped. Be aware the transmitter is in the Right Ear so if you are a left-handed swinger, put the Right Earmuff on your left side. The signal received is Dual Mono (not Stereo) from the Equinox, so the phones sound the same when worn either direction.

Personally, I like the sound which seems more pronounced than my ML80s, but not harsh sounding, and a little smoother or less crisp than my earbuds. Thanks again, F350, these are a keeper!

• Like 1

Another great recommendation! On order! Thanks!👍👍

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

F350Platinum,

Sorry for the delayed reply. I tested mine out and they are awesome! I actually like them better than the stock headphones. Seem more comfortable and the on/off button is much easier to locate while you’re wearing them. I used a dime to test them. First used my stock headphones and wiggled that dime about as fast as I can then did the same thing with the new ones. I must say I was surprised I couldn’t tell any difference in the speed. They sound very good as well. I am retiring  my stock headphones for a while to see if they will in fact turn out to be my backup pair.  I also played with the noise cancel switch and I think I’m gonna like it to. There are times I think it will come in very handy. Thanks for the heads up about these headphones! HH Tom!

• Like 2