Another Over Ear Headphone That Passes The Aptx-ll Test With Flying Colors (bargain) Updated

22 minutes ago, Jed in NC said:

May have to order another set at that price. Only problem is getting the Amazon box off of the porch without the wife seeing it! I retired from an IT job, but have been mixing FOH (Front of House) and Monitors for about 25 years. It's a lot of work and stress, but I love it!

Heh, then we have something in common beside our taste for headphones, I retired from IT myself a year and a half ago. I did IBM systems for a long time, ended as a Director of Tech for a school system. Built the entire MS network and did security. 👍

Those headphones seem to be getting good reviews here. The price almost makes them disposable !   

Heya Jed , welcome to the forums.  

I grew up with music ,,tron school in my teens ,and got my dream job out on the road touring since mid 70s  , been semi retired for ~20 years. Semi meant If I get an offer I can't refuse LOL  A couple of years since that last happened.... 

I've found a large amount of this detector stuff has parallels in our world.....pesky physics.

I think untrained ears can hear comb filtering , doubling and short slapback below 100ms.

Most don't know the what or why though !  😉 

These folks on the forum have been training their ears (critical listening) since  detecting began...

🖖

Detecting targets don't like delay like some singers , but some of those singers sure do need it ! LOL. 

• Like 2

On 4/18/2022 at 7:29 AM, F350Platinum said:

I didn't know the $10 coupon was right there on the Amazon page. I've never seen that before. For some reason the link came up in Spanish and I had to switch it over to English.

At first glance it looked like the brand says "FLAWED!".  They do look nice though. I might have to get them.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Badger-NH said:

I didn't know the $10 coupon was right there on the Amazon page. I've never seen that before. For some reason the link came up in Spanish and I had to switch it over to English.

At first glance it looked like the brand says "FLAWED!".  The do look nice though. I might have to get them.

Haha, read some of the others' comments, one of them is an audio engineer. 👍

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

Those headphones seem to be getting good reviews here. The price almost makes them disposable !   

Heya Jed , welcome to the forums.  

I grew up with music ,,tron school in my teens ,and got my dream job out on the road touring since mid 70s  , been semi retired for ~20 years. Semi meant If I get an offer I can't refuse LOL  A couple of years since that last happened.... 

I've found a large amount of this detector stuff has parallels in our world.....pesky physics.

I think untrained ears can hear comb filtering , doubling and short slapback below 100ms.

Most don't know the what or why though !  😉 

These folks on the forum have been training their ears (critical listening) since  detecting began...

🖖

Detecting targets don't like delay like some singers , but some of those singers sure do need it ! LOL. 

Thanks RV, Your statement was a little better put than mine. I think you are spot on that they can hear the latency but don't realize what they are hearing. I think that latency drops to about 40ms when AptX-LL is applied. The "Critical Listening" topic would be a good thread to start. Don't wont to hijack F350's thread. I understand it well from a musical point of view, but am still learning how to apply it to detecting. Like how you hear the latency on a single tone. Makes sense on multiple tones in the same swing, but not as much so on a single tone. Nothing to compare it to, like a bass guitar and snare drum hitting in reference to each other. Choosing the right tone frequencies ( if the detector permits it ) would be super critical, based on each individuals hearing.

• Like 2

Jed

Latency makes the detector beep after the coil has gone over the target instead of directly over the target. Kinda like recovery speed...   You can see it happen by digging and not finding the target in the middle of the hole.Less digging , more targets found. Especially important if you're finding tiny yellow things . Using critical listening is just as second nature to them as us with the training.  Hundreds of hours "on  the hunt" training.

Consider this ,,,I've learned things from them ! Just like they were engineers,,which some of them are !  Read up on some of the back posts and see what I mean. Steve's guides is full of detecting tech explanations.

More efficient use of your time is important if you are trying to make a living or just don't have endless time on a hunt.

• Like 2