Would You Try Opening A Gold Mine In California?

mn90403

23 hours ago, GhostMiner said:

Here's an example : we had an approved Plan of Operation on a claim. Part of the plan included a 300 ft access road being built to get in there to the dig site. We asked the agent if the road would be consider disturbance and count towards the 1000 yards. No they said, we won't count that. We didn't get to that project for a yr & the agent had changed. The new one told us it did indeed count as the disturbance. I could go on & on. 

I ran into that one too. Doing a NOI level operation you are allowed 1000 tons of disturbed or processed "ore" or similar verbiage. So I calculated based on that, and it was fine. Another BLM office decided the 1000 yards is any disturbed ground including road, and my road alone would have made it infeasible to do a NOI level and they required a full POO to be submitted. Yet in the same state I saw them allow another operation to disturb many times more than 1000 tons of ground total, including roads, and that very same office said nothing...

Their opinions and facts often change based on what they had for breakfast, it seems anyways.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jasong said:

I ran into that one too. Doing a NOI level operation you are allowed 1000 tons of disturbed or processed "ore" or similar verbiage. So I calculated based on that, and it was fine. Another BLM office decided the 1000 yards is any disturbed ground including road, and my road alone would have made it infeasible to do a NOI level and they required a full POO to be submitted. Yet in the same state I saw them allow another operation to disturb many times more than 1000 tons of ground total, including roads, and that very same office said nothing...

Their opinions and facts often change based on what they had for breakfast, it seems anyways.

Where we are at they won't let us do anything involving heavy equipment without a POO. They coctantly invent their own rules as well.

I'll make a comparison on my own thread to Western Australia.  Wouldn't it be nice if you could do things like this?

https://thewest.com.au/business/public-companies/cyclone-metals-unearths-treasure-trove-of-gold-nuggets-c-5526061 

• Like 1

The problems with claims is they should not restrict hand tools and detectors from inactive mechanical claims except those that will continue with work in the near future, and may put others in danger. These should be fenced or barricade  off anyway.

5 hours ago, geof_junk said:

The problems with claims is they should not restrict hand tools and detectors from inactive mechanical claims except those that will continue with work in the near future, and may put others in danger. These should be fenced or barricade  off anyway.

By inactive mechanical claims do you mean inactive ML’s (mining lease) or EL’s (exploration lease) as in WA?

fencing is not always a viable option due to the vastness plus most are on existing pastoral leases which would hinder the movement of cattle.

16 hours ago, jasong said:

they required a full POO to be submitted.

I'm not sure of the slang used in the States but if that's what they are requesting, by all means send one in  💩 💩 🤣

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, madtuna said:

By inactive mechanical claims do you mean inactive ML’s (mining lease) or EL’s (exploration lease) as in WA?

fencing is not always a viable option due to the vastness plus most are on existing s which would hinder the movement of cattle.

"may put others in danger. These should be fenced or barricade  off anyway."  has been change to .....

"and areas that may put others in danger should be fenced or barricade  off anyway." 

meaning only dangerous areas that may injury prospectors, public, pastoral lease managers and staff as well as their stock but not Camels.😀  

P9072186.thumb.JPG.7a2c257840febeb11ec955f9fe568bad.JPG

6 hours ago, Northeast said:

I'm not sure of the slang used in the States but if that's what they are requesting, by all means send one in  💩 💩 🤣

Not far from the truth. 😅

Stands for Plan of Operations. Small scale miners, exploration companies, etc generally try to avoid them because the delays can be excessive. They always (NOIs (Notice of Intent) can too depending on the office and scope of work) require full site surveys and reports (archaelogist, biologists, etc not just the geologist) plus a lot more bonding and oversight and a public comment period. You can get going with a NOI in 2 or 3 months sometimes, while a POO can take a year or longer.

• Like 1