Would You Try Opening A Gold Mine In California?

mn90403

9 hours ago, geof_junk said:

"may put others in danger. These should be fenced or barricade  off anyway."  has been change to .....

"and areas that may put others in danger should be fenced or barricade  off anyway." 

meaning only dangerous areas that may injury prospectors, public, pastoral lease managers and staff as well as their stock but not Camels.😀  

P9072186.thumb.JPG.7a2c257840febeb11ec955f9fe568bad.JPG

As per your picture, the problem being is most like that date back to the early 1900’s or even earlier. Long since abandoned, so who is responsible for paying for and maintaining the fencing? Modern mining is more proactive and governed by OH&S.

Wouldn’t it be wonderful if stupid people just used their brains and stayed away from such places, but we know that won’t happen.

A real problem in Vic is there are groups on FB and forums who actively search out and explore old shafts. The amount of stupids who read these posts and think that’s a great way to pass a Saturday, and it won’t be long before a tragedy or two happens and the powers that be won’t just fence off a shaft or two, they’ll lock the public out of whole swathes of good accessible prospecting ground.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, madtuna said:

As per your picture, the problem being is most like that date back to the early 1900’s or even earlier. Long since abandoned, so who is responsible for paying for and maintaining the fencing? Modern mining is more proactive and governed by OH&S.

Wouldn’t it be wonderful if stupid people just used their brains and stayed away from such places, but we know that won’t happen.

A real problem in Vic is there are groups on FB and forums who actively search out and explore old shafts. The amount of stupids who read these posts and think that’s a great way to pass a Saturday, and it won’t be long before a tragedy or two happens and the powers that be won’t just fence off a shaft or two, they’ll lock the public out of whole swathes of good accessible prospecting ground.

Not to be a dick but what does all this have to do with the topic the poster put in place as to mining in California?

5 minutes ago, GhostMiner said:

Not to be a dick but what does all this have to do with the topic the poster put in place as to mining in California?

It may have strayed a bit off topic but a few aussies have commented in this thread, I was replying to one that was Aussie related but could just as well relate to mining in the US.

This forum is utilised by a whole host of different nationalities but if you wish us to reply to only aust related posts just say so.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, madtuna said:

It may have strayed a bit off topic but a few aussies have commented in this thread, I was replying to one that was Aussie related but could just as well relate to mining in the US.

This forum is utilised by a whole host of different nationalities but if you wish us to reply to only aust related posts just say so.

25 minutes ago, GhostMiner said:
30 minutes ago, madtuna said:

Sorry, no offense was meant on my part. Just thinking of the topic. I just put one up about Australia mining. Should be interesting and maybe learn something about what it's like there as far as mining goes. Cheers.

• Like 2

Same facts here but a different writer.  Sounds like a different story!

https://www.salon.com/2022/02/05/the-gold-rush-returns-to-california_partner/ 

11 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Same facts here but a different writer.  Sounds like a different story!

https://www.salon.com/2022/02/05/the-gold-rush-returns-to-california_partner/ 

And here is the industry perspective on the proposed Rise Gold reopening of the California Idaho-Maryland Mine Mitchel.

https://iknnews.com/rise-gold-rise-v-ben-mossman-up-to-his-tricks-again/

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/b-c-s-high-court-upholds-new-trial-for-two-managers-after-spill-at-mine-1.5784666

Strange how none of this is being mentioned in the mainstream news articles. 😵

The real gold mines that are being opened in California don't end up in the media. They don't produce fluff pieces about how environmentally friendly they are. They aren't looking for investors and they know publicity is not their friend in California. One of these large new California gold mine projects finished permitting in under two years.

Sounds like a different story?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Wow!  I was just posting about the 'complications' of getting a gold mine in California and the United States and it turns out in this case as in many other cases you have to be as much if not more concerned about who is doing it.

About 10 years ago I was buying penny stock in a gold and silver venture in Mexico.  That company went BK.

• Like 1