" Treasure " In My Back Yard!

Thats a whole lot of Wheat! Congrats!

• Thanks 1

Good job on finding the coins, but I know you can do better than that. Get back out there tomorrow and get the rest of them and a few dimes that you missed.

Good job and happy hunting.

• Thanks 1

Nice wheat field you have there! 👍 Glad to see you back. I hope your new location proves to be fruitful. Looking forward to your finds! 🙂

• Thanks 1

I had a similar experience in a yard where the house was razed and property acquired by the city to be annexed to a local park.  (I was first to hunt it.  Yeah!!)  My suspicion is that children played with their saved pennies (or maybe their parents wanted them out of their hair for a couple hours and said "here, go play with these.")  That might be what you're experienceing, too. 

Now that you've cleaned up the copper, go back and get the silver!

• Like 3

No bodies to go with the shell casing?

Whole lotta wheaties, bet theres a buffalo or 2 there also. Nice one!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Good haul, Joe. The wheaties seem to show mostly 1940s dates. I wonder if there was a clothes line over that area in the 40s-50s. That could account for all the wheats that close together, or possibly a penny jar that was buried and broke over time.

• Like 3

I think the Cap'n is on to something. Maybe this type, it would concentrate the coins:e0cba2a57b8ee01ac57f8189b7e72013--miss-my-mom-clothes-lines.jpg.8506353eff44e9db6adc1133ae502004.jpg

• Like 5

My house was built in 1994 on land that has no history of others living here in the past. So my finds in my yard have all been modern from previous owners of my home. It sure must be cool to live on a historical piece of property and be able to pull old coins and relics out of your own yards. I’ve been looking for an older property at an affordable price around here, but the term affordable isn’t applicable to anything in my area. 😑

• Like 3

• The title was changed to " Treasure " In My Back Yard!