Xp Hoardhunter Where Is It??

brys

My guess is that it wasn't commercially viable. Assuming it was 'Typical Deus' in operation, with integrated electronics in the coils, it would have retailed at a pretty high price, probably the same as, or more than, dedicated two-box machines ( C-Scope / Fisher / Whites ).

The concept of making a two-box add-on for a conventional machine is reasonable enough, Garrett did it. Normally this would mean just 2 coils and the hardware to hold it all, so it would be a realistic price. But it's a pointless concept on a Deus, as almost a complete new detector is needed.

(Since the closing of Whites, there is less choice now if you're after a two-box, but I still don't think this help XP sell their version.)
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hell yeah, bring this on! Take my money. I hope it makes it to market one day. I’m in the market for a two box setup 

• 4 months later...

all it would take  is a hula hoop size coil which is very light  rather than a full blown rig with 2 coils

That's a more realistic way of doing it, and the existing Deus coil electronics will work fine.

The topic of a two-box that runs multi-frequency came up some years ago on the Geotech1 forum. But no-one could work out if it would have any real benefits over a single-freq. Having selectable single frequencies would be good, and multi-freq machines like the Equinox and Deus2 both do this. The Deus2 would have the advantage of being capable of operating at any frequency the designers wanted, including very low ( 1 kHz- 5 kHz range). Maybe if this XP two-box ever makes it to customers, it would be Deus2 compatible.

The primary advantage of multi-freq is its ability to eliminate the ground signal. As two-box machines are used with the coil well clear of the ground, they will obviously pick up less ground signal, so maybe the benefits of multi-freq are largely lost.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...